Got a Game-Vu

CoastalNC

Reaction score
I just got my grubby paws on a Game-Vu.  I have only played with it in my office, but I am afraid the display is going to be too small to tell what, if any, decorations a deer is carrying on his head.  The display unit is a Casio portable color TV, with a 2.3" screen.

Right now it is hanging on the stairs outside my office, aimed at the door.  I am going to come back after dark and play with it some more.  Maybe enough people will come and go that I will have pictures to look at.

More on new toy later.

LW

Reaction score
Hey CoastalNC, how do you transfer your photos to
permanent medium in the field. Do you just review and then delete or is there some way to get the pics back to your computer without bringing the whole unit in from the field? Just curious, thinking of buying one in the future.

bassman91

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Game-Vu and my understanding is you can download the photos to any device that accepts a "video in" (RCA type).  So you could download to a camcoder in the field and view on the television later.  I have no idea how big the photos will appear on a large television or what quality.  I think the only way to download to a computer is transfer from camcorder to computer using a video capture hardware/software configuration ($100).  I questioned them (Game-Vu)on the quality of the photos and they posted some actual photos on their website this week. http://www.gamevu.com/gallery.html
Let me know what you think of the unit and if it is worth buying.  I like the idea of silent operation with no flash.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
CoastalNC,

Thanks for the info, I get emails almost daily about this game camera and I haven't even seen one yet. I'm real curious how this camera will work out.

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
What is the final verdict? Is it any good and is it worth buying? How about the quality of the pics?

Possum

Reaction score
One of those pictures looked like the ever evasive Swamp Lizardman from SC.  Maybe it's just me, but that's what I think.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Your right, those pics are horrible.  Damn sure not worth the price.  IMOA

bassman91

Reaction score
I did end up buying and using a Game-Vu this season (see previous post) and this is my verdict.  The quality is obviously not even close to a home-brew cam or other cam using 35mm film.  6 Infrared lights will never compare to 35mm film with a flash.  However, the Game-Vu can take pictures 24hours with no flash.  This was extremely important to me because I hunt public land and paper company land as well as private land all located 250 miles from my house.  If I put a flash cam out, it probably wouldn't last a week.  The Game-Vu also stores over 60 pictures with no developing costs or a wait. (A big savings long-term) The bottom line is if you want great looking pictures, have secure land to put a cam out, and don't mind waiting a week to use up film, don't waste your money on the Game-Vu (build a cam instead).  But, if you need a tool to instantly determine if there are bucks in a particular area and how large they are and don't care how cool the pics look this is an extremely useful tool and well-worth the money.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom