Got a light, but no picture taken

kerux

Reaction score
Ok... close to having my first camera set up and going... but here's my problem.  When I turn the battery switch on and the toggle switch (with the center off) tot he down position, the light will come on when I pass by the PIR.  (I am using the RS 425).  But when I flip the toggle to the up position, it will take pictures as extremely long intervals, if it even takes one.  I am using the Infinity jr, have it selt on "Fill in" good battery, etc... ANY IDEAS?

Thanks... I'm a real NOVINCE

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 So it WILL take pictures but it has to sit for along time between each picture?how long does the LED test light stayed on when triggered?

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds like a cold solder joint somewhere in the camera part of the setup, or a switch that may be bad or possibly a screwed up relay if you're using one. I would recommend using a volt-ohm meter and trouble shooting. Check the switch first, then start at the power side of the relay and work backwards. If this all comes out ok, check the solder joints on the camera. If it's a 3 wire hookup, make sure you don't have the refresh and shutter reversed at the board.

kerux

Reaction score
Yes, it WILL take a picture, but it is forever before it does... the red light on the camera flashes like it is charging up... if you pass by the PIR the red light on the camera comes on as well.  As far as the red resistor light... it comes on (when the toggle switch is in the down position) for a brief second when you pass by the PIR (as though it is a signal that "this is when the camera should go off because this is when the pir is triggered".  Does that make sense?  

kerux

Reaction score
Butch... it is an Infinity jr.  I have the camera to where I am confident it is working.... but when I turn everything on I don't get a light on the resistor,.  When I flip the switch down (the middle off switch) I do get a light, the warm up begings, and then when I pass by the PIR it comes on for 3-4 seconds.  SO it still seems to be on the camera to switch end.  The switch is brand new, but could it be bad?

kerux

Reaction score
You guys must think I am an ignorant one for sure... with all these questions:  Here's where it stands.  It may be the relay, because the camera works fine.  Maybe it is the switch, but would it work one way and not the other? (In other words the red light come on for 15-20 seconds for the warm up in the down position, and then shows when the PIR is triggered, but it won't do anything in the up position).  
Before I said it will take a picture,,, it won't now.  I am thinking it is the relay.  might try a new one.  Thanks for your help and patience everyone.  

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Kerux,

unsolder the 2 wires that goes from the relay to the camera and touch them together, the cam should take a pix......now you know which end the problem is on!

With a light blinking in the camera, sounds like it's wiring at the camera too me,  was even wondering if you somehow tapped into the "Timer Mode" on the camera with a red light blinking like you mentioned.  

You know the mode I mean?   a camera feature that allows you to have a 10 sec delay before the cam snaps a pix so you have time to run over there and include yourself in the pix.....

Tinhorn

kerux

Reaction score
Working on the camera today... how would I have tapped into the timer?  Thanks a ton by the way.  I am learning a lot!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
could have a "Streamer" of solder that shorted over to it (the trace), soldered to wrong place, etc.  everybody makes a mistake once in a while,  ha ha

what happened when you shroted out the 2 wires from the relay?

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom