Got a nice one yesterday!

Tominator

Reaction score

Yesterday afternoon was really windy here so i setup where I knew the birds liked to roost in bad weather. He was strutting in a pasture about 400 yds away at 5:30 and the first time the wind let up I gave him a short series of yelps. After that I only clucked and purred on the few occassions that the wind would let up. My last call was at 7:00 and at 7:30 I saw him stretch his wings about 35 yds away. He moved into the edge of the woods looking for me and when he turned broadside and I could see the beard I layed into him. He went into a violent death flop so I eased out to secure him and a hen and another longbeard were standing there watching him. I stayed behing a tree and they casually walked off. The coolest thing about the whole deal was that i called him in with one of my slate over glass calls that I make. This is the first season one of my friction calls has been to the woods and this is the first bird called in to the gun by one to the best of my knowledge!
Tominator X

KIDKY

Reaction score
way to go Tominator, CONGRATS on a really nice gobbler.  hope i'm as lucky as you are, season starts April 15th and i'm absolutely chompin at the bit right now...

Darren

Reaction score
Awesome bird tominator wish I had that luck all I have seen is jakes so far.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Nice bird.

Congratulations on taking him with a call you made.

Jerry

maytom

Reaction score
Nice looking gobbler!! The fact that you took him with your own hand made call is priceless!! Way to go!!

feelinducky

Reaction score
Great looking bird.  Way to go with geting him using your own call.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice job on your gobbler Tominator. You gonna carve a notch in that call of yours or put his smiling beak pic on there instead?

PowDuck

Reaction score
Congrats! Great bird and extra special using your own call.

Possum

Reaction score
Great Job!  Congratulations.  That is a super nice bird and more special because of your call. Wonderful.

killinturks

Reaction score
pretty sweet, using a homemade call must have added a special sense of accomplishment. congrats

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Wow,good bird,how did i miss this post?hmmmm i need to look harder from now on.
 Congrats!!

RSB

Reaction score
Nice bird Congrats Tominator! I might try to make a call, that would be awsome.:ideablue:    

Big Bubba Daddy

Reaction score
Great job Tominator!  I would love to hear more about your calls, do you have any plans or info on them?  I just found a nice piece of slate and I'm trying to figure out how to get it thinner.  How are you using glass?

Pete

Lankyman

Reaction score
Tominator,

Congrats on the bird.  Is that one from the area of "The Black Stuff?"  LOL!  Awesome bird.

Tominator

Reaction score
It sure is! I shot it late one afternoon and the check station was out of kill tags so I gutted it and stuffed it in the fridge here at work overnight then checked it in the next morning, that's why I have no camo on. You should've seen the looks on some of the engineers faces when they went to put their lunch in the fridge and all the shelves had been removed and there was a big ole gnarly tom staring at 'em! Probably still had some of that black stuff on his feet since I shot in that pasture.
Tominator

Top Bottom