Got my boy a new gun

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Well at least thats the excuse I gave my wife for buying a new gun for my 5 yr old.  In this weekd Western Outdoor News, Turners sporting good had Ruger Red Label O/U 12 & 20s for $699.00 so I stood in line for 3 hours to get one and I'll have it for Sept 1, 2001. Bring on the white wings!

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice starter gun for a 5 year old.  Would you please adopt me?
LOL, I saw the add also, great shotgun.  My son has one too, but he's 25.

Good hunting

Fubar

Reaction score
Kid  Nice present for your son. Just make sure he gets to use it.  Hehe Did you get the 20 or the 12?  Fubar

Whoadog

Reaction score
 That is amazingly cheap!  My wife bought me one seven years ago.  My son, Ruger, was born in 1999 the 50th anniversary of Ruger and I wanted to buy him the engraved anniversary Red label in 20 gauge but couldn't come up with the $1500, hopefully I will still get one for him.

Brian

BigDog

Reaction score
So, Kid bought his 5 year old son a gun...... Lets see, the little kid will probably be ready to use it around 12, so that means the Big Kid gets to use it for 6 years or so.... and of course, by that time, Big Kid will need to have another because little kid is getting that one.......... I see the plan here.  

Fubar

Reaction score
BigDog  I think he should get a dog to go with the new gun. In a few years when his son is really into hunting the dog will be in his prime.         Fubar

QALHNTR

Reaction score
I did my best to pull off the same trick.  Just picked up my daughter's (she's 11) A391 Urika in 20 GA.  However, since she is licensed, I bought the Youth model.  Even then, we had to cut the length of pull down to 11 3/4".  Hopefully, she'll continue to use it and it'll never be mine!  Then, I'll have to buy one for ME!  Doves are going to die!

BigDog

Reaction score
Fubar, we are thinking alike. I was thinking that he should probably get a dog along with the gun. I was even thinking about recommending a yellow lab but....well, seeing as I have an ad up, figured it would be pushing it....lol

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Yeh I bought the 20, I'll, oops, my son will use it for quail and doves.  The 50th aniv. 12's and 20's if I remember were  $1199.00.

2curljohnny

Reaction score
i hope your wife don't get wise to ya and get the stock fitted for the boy:O hit 'em hard

Latest Posts

Top Bottom