Got my euro mount back today

BDB

Reaction score
Just came in the mail today. I don't have a good camera at work, just one of those stupid little web cams but I took this pic. The euro mount came out really well. I sent it to a place called Skull Taxidermy in Montana. Living in the middle of San Francisco is not a great place to prepare skulls
The picture sucks, but the mount is really cool, I'm very happy with it. Now I get to see how the wife likes it

Attachments

satchmo

Reaction score
Wow Bdb! That looks really great!
I don't want to sound "uncouthe" sp.? but may I ask how much it cost?
C.

BDB

Reaction score
It was $80 when I did it but its $100 now. That covers the cleaning and prep of the head (brains, etc) and the bleeching. I mailed it to them fur and all, just a hacked off head. They also have some nice mounting plaques but I decided I will make one myself if I want one. If you have the beetles or the location to do it all yourself I would think it would be fairly easy, but this was much more "wife friendly" than boiling and cleaning the skull in our apartment if ya know what I mean

Gus

Reaction score
Looks good, nice head

Here is a pic of the first hog I killed out at our place done the same way

Attachments

superduty

Reaction score
Looks really great BDB. I got to say though I was sharing my looking time between that cool looking skull and Satchmo's and Sierra's avatar's. I thought I was on a river forum for a second.

Reaction score
A River Fourm? what is that??

I thought this avatar was just water cought in a whirlpool down at a rock formation in a stream with a floating pinecone stuck in it - in black and white photo.

I am actually just showing my wifes enthousiam (spelled wrong
) and myself for our Upcummin trip to Playa de Carmen in October (why did I have to get married durring hunting season
).

Oh Yhea
no premarrital sex (
)

VVN Mount BDB! did she like it? I have alot of wood working tools if there is something special you wish to make with it.

PS- my home PC can not do Java/.gif for some reason- I have tried everything and even downloaded everything off of Java and changed all my internet options and rebooted all I could. Would a firewall prevent it??

Backcountry

Reaction score
Now that is going to look fine hanging over the padded matrimonial consumation platform.

Backcountry

BDB

Reaction score
Sierra: She actually thought it was kinda cool and I can put it just about anywhere I want in the house. Only thing is the dog wants to chew it up like a raw hide so I have to put it somewhere up high. Here's a better picture I took last night with my camera.

Attachments

Backcountry

Reaction score
Are the bottom tusks glued in, or are they slid in and held by friction?

I ask because for CBH scoring, we measure the entire length of the lower teeth when they are out of the skull. If the teeth can't be removed from the skull, then we're forced to measure only that portion of the tusk that is projecting past the insertion point in the lower jaw (and make an appropriate note in the remarks section of the score sheet).

Regardless, you'll still get a species credit, but lets hope that either the tusks slide out or the cumulative score with the tusks in still let that boar make book. The minimum score to make CBH book is 23", that's greatest skull width + greatest skull length + lentgth of both tusks along the outside radius - difference in tusk length. Are you close?

Backcountry

BDB

Reaction score
The teeth are pretty solid in there right now. I could not slide them out. The right (left in the picture) is all the way in and I couldn't pull it out (yet). The left one was broken a bit and I was able to pull it out about .5" so it matched the length of the other side. Next time we get together we'll see what we can do with it.

barel74

Reaction score
I've noticed that when you boil the skull, all the teeth fall out easy. Usually you can't get them to stay in. If you can't get these out, they must've glued them. Good looking head!

Mrs.Superduty

Reaction score
Like that do you MR.Superduty? Huh, ok, I see where your attention is.......

I think everytime I turned a corner that skull would scare me, looks cool, just not sure I would want it hanging over me.

superduty

Reaction score
Yes, superduty likes.
Looks like I'm going to have to get me one of those.

Top Bottom