Got my first Bobcat...

Bob R

Reaction score
You just never know what you will get when you get film developed.  Got these 2 of this bobcat on Dec 19th at 16:40, and more of coyotes, raccoons and deer.

gizz

Reaction score
I'm really starting to like that spot Bob R.
I think if i was out walking and stumbled across that treestand and clearing I'd know exactly where i was :roll-wink-green:

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Bobr>> Big bucks, Bobcat's and poacher's. THat's quite the hunting spot you got there......

Nice Pic.

Fubar

Reaction score
Bob  Nice cat pics. Looks like he made the camera in the second one.         Thanx       Fubar

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I have the spot memorized also,muahahahaha.Really it does seem like a good spot,nice pics also.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
You are definitly brave leaving the camera in that spot but it is panning out, I love Cat Pix's

Tinhorn

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
IT WAS UP TO 52 DEGREES TODAY.  WE HAVE THE POSSIBILITY OF SNOW FOR THE WESTERN PORTION OF THE STATE ON MONDAY.  WE USUALLY GET MORE ICE THAN SNOW.  JANUARY AND FEBUARY ARE MORE LIKELY FOR SNOW HERE.  GREAT PICS BOB.  HAVE YOUR DEER BEGAN TO HERD UP YET.  I SAW 30 DOES AND YEARLINGS IN A FIELD CHRISTMAS DAY AND 3 BUCKS A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YARDS AWAY FEEDING TOGETHER.  I HOPE TO GET SOME GOOD GROUP SHOTS WITH THE COLD WEATHER SETTING IN.

Bob R

Reaction score
SimpleArk, I have been seeing a few deer, only 1 group of about 10, and it was about 4 miles from our property.  I am sure they are hearding up, just not on our place.  We have very little food this year.  I am not really sure where they are at, but we sure aren't seeing many.  I saw 2 and my son saw 6 on Wednesday.

Dave, as SimpleArk said, it is too warm here for snow.  Finally started getting below freezing this week.  High on Friday is supposed to be around 50.

Tinhorn, I am always wondering if the cam will be there when I return.  It is only about 75 yards in front of the camera to the property line.  By next year, I am probably going to attach some kind of chain and lock system to help secure the cam to a tree.

My son is chomping at the bit to get out there and try to call the cat or a coyote in.  Deer season closes in 9 days, so after that we are going to give 'em a try.

T

the hairless one

nice webpage bob!

What kind of treestand is that? Looks pretty nice. I was kinda thinking about trying a ladder stand.

Bob R

Reaction score
Hey, hairless,

Thanks for the compliments on the web page.  It is just getting started, and I have a lot to still do, when I get a chance.  Time, time, time......

About the ladder stand, it is a home brew, made out of 1 inch EMT conduit.  I am a fair sized ole boy, and have no problem feeling safe on it.  My 17 year old son usually hunts off of it, though.  The seat is at about 11 feet.

In all honesty, though, I can buy a commercially built stand cheaper than what this homebrew ran.  By the time I bought the EMT, about 8 sticks at ~5.50/stick, bolts, etc, I had about $60 in it.  Then it took about 8 hours of my time.  I can buy 15 foot commercial stands rated at 300 lbs for $50.00.

See ya,

Bob

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice bobcat Bob. I know in Missouri it's rare to see a bobcat, do you see many in Arkansas?

Bob R

Reaction score
Spec,

I have friends that claim that they see them quite often, and some of them shoot one every once in a while.  Now, my son and I spend quite a bit of time in the woods, and I have never seen a bobcat.  I varmint hunt, deer hunt, squirrel hunt etc, but have never seen one.  This is the first time I have gotten one on cam, too.  This is from the North Arkansas Ozarks.  We are about 5 miles south of the MO. state line.

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
Got my first bobcat pic on Dec. 11.

(Edited by KsBowhunter at 9:09 pm on Dec. 30, 2001)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom