Got out today!

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Well decided to get after the squeaks today. I figured they should be out and dumb. One of the orchards I hunt gets very little pressure but I did pretty much wipe out the species last year at the farmers request. Well there were some out and they were a little shy with all the activity on the farm and the farm next door. I hammered a few early on with the .17hmr, I actually like to still hunt em with the .17, but then decided to set up in the middle of the orchard with the .204 and do some sniping. Scored 100% with the .204 at 177, 171, 182 and 195yds. I think the total for the couple of hours I was there was about 12 squeaks, which is pretty darn good since there aren't many left on the place. The farmer actually told me today that he has an old friend that's 82 that shoots squeaks on the place tell him that he didn't even see any the last time out. He proudly told the farmer that he must be doing a pretty good job on the squeaks for him. The farmer didn't have the heart to tell him that I was slaughter'n em.
Enjoy some pics.

JNDEER

Reaction score
yikes!... i hope the ones blown half to pieces were closer then 184 yrds!!!

thanks for sharing.(u gettin those guys in wilton?)

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Good shooting Mike!!

What bullets you shootin' out of the 17? I just bought a Savage from Sportmans.

LKN4HOG

Reaction score
Talking about knocking them into next week, that is true devastation on a couple of them. Glad I'm not a squeek...

Randy

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JNDEER @ Apr 11 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yikes!... i hope the ones blown half to pieces were closer then 184 yrds!!!

thanks for sharing.(u gettin those guys in wilton?)[/b]
All the blown up ones were taken with the .204 at over 170yds.
I use the 17hmr for squeaks out to 150yds.
Knights Landing.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arrowslinger @ Apr 11 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good shooting Mike!!

What bullets you shootin' out of the 17? I just bought a Savage from Sportmans.[/b]
Right on Kirk!

My Savage likes the Federal 17gr Polymer tip. Sportsmans only carry the Federal 17gr in the hollow point. It shoots to the same point of aim so I've been using them. I will go back to the Polymer if I can find em.

ShooterJohn

Reaction score
Shooting diggers is always fun! Especially when they explode they're so happy to see you.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom