• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

GPS land maps question

jhill528

So I downloaded the elite version of the Trimble GPS maps program that shows public and private lands, but I'm having a little trouble understanding how land is represented. It clearly shows national forest, state lands, but the private property doesn't really show up. There is a lot of open space around were I live, Camarillo, ca that is out of city limits, not included in the state recreation areas and does not appear to be private. Has anyone else seen this similar to this on the Onx GPS maps? Places that just don't really show up as being owned by anyone in particular.

mike387

I've been having the same issue. I looked into it and you get the private lands when you download the mega offline map pack for CA.
I have both Trimble and OnX and Trimble is better for updates and OnX is better for private land assuming you keep buying the maps.

Top Bottom