GPS plus Radio

Fubar

Reaction score
Thanx Gun Docc. I wonder how they work?

Fubar

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Fubar,

these are new and i have no idea how good they would work but it looks like a pretty good deal if they do work as they say on the website.

i liked the peer to peer waypoint location ability, you would always know exactly where your hunting partner was with it showing you onscreen for both of your locations.

i just bought a new GPS (Map76) so i don't guess i'll be buying another soon.....hehehe

Later,

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Peer to Peer ???

Hmmmmm

So if I think my wife is running around, I could "Bug" her, and find their Lair........he he

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
The peer to peer thing is neat. Wonder how long it'll take to produce it cheap enough and small enough so that a person could hide it on something valuable in case it gets stolen? (IE game cams, treestands, cars, boats, whatever...)

copper

Reaction score
Ya this unit is nice but it sucks up the batteries. I have the new 120 garmin and its nice for deer hunting. But you have to keep flicking the gps mode off or you wont make it all day with brand new batteries.

They run em I'll shootem gota love that

prohunter

Reaction score
copper i have one & my hunting buddy has one. we don't have trouble like that. my batteries will last a min. 2-3 days with radio & gps on all day. we shut them off at night or whenever we are back at truck or camp. maybe you should get yours checked out.

pbrdog

Reaction score
I just sent mine into Garmin for repair (Rhino 120). I bought the earbud with PTT button. When the male jack was pushed in fully, it would receive but not transmit. If pulled out one click, it would transmot but not receive. That's my luck with electronics though. Garmin has great customer service. Can't wait to get it back and use it again.

shufigo

Reaction score
I've got the "old" Rino 110, and have no trouble getting a full day out of the three AA battery setup. My buddy has the 120, and the only difference I can see is that he's printing his positions on a terrain map instead of a blank screen. Seeing as I can normally tell if I'm already on dry land, on water or in a swamp, I don't think I'll pay to upgrade. All in all, the Rino series is good stuff.....

doghouse95

Reaction score
I have several different motorola radios, some get out better than others, different radio frequencies. How do these radios get out, are they the two mile type, or the 4 mile type?
I had a bad scare with someone getting lost with my kid a while back. It took me several hours and I about killed two horses finding them.
I have been thinking about setting him up with a fanny pack with a GPS and Radio.
If this radio has any reach at all it sounds like it would be perfect.
Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement

Top Bottom