GPS Treasure Hunt

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a neat little game using your GPS.  People are hiding little trinkets all over the US and listing them on this webpage.  Your mission, should you choose it, is to find the treasure.  
http://www.geocaching.com/

Looks like alot of fun.

ToddP

Tinhorn

Reaction score
ToddP

That is neat, I am going to see if I can find a few, I see some are only 10 miles from us......must be a real popular thing

Thanx

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
Very cool idea! There are a few close by maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks Todd!

BTW, Are you gonna be up this way anytime soon? Maybe we could get together and put out a few cams.

(Edited by gizz at 8:54 am on June 21, 2001)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing in the works.   Maybe I'll just come up some Saturday or something.

Todd

Choberiba

Reaction score
Sorry about posting to an ancient thread.

I found my way to these forums when someone in the geocaching.com forums mentioned the trail camera you folks came up with.

I was hoping there would be gadget information here. I have an idea that requires a light sensor.

I'm bummed that I can't carry my 1911 along with me while out hiking (not legal in the PRC)
I had a little rat-dog nipping at my heels the other day and I really wanted to see a little pink mist.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Well welcome aboard Choberiba.  Yes there's alot of information available at this site as well as knowledgeable people on many topics.  Feel free to post you questions and even answer a few.

Todd

Fubar

Reaction score
Choberiba  Welcome to Jesses Forum.            Fubar

Tinhorn

Reaction score
as long as this floated to the top,

my nephew and I looked for 3-1/2hrs for a cache near his house back in the summer with no success but loads of fun.  Somebody mentioned on the GeoCach Forum that she found a set of sunglasses near the cache,  well, we found them too so know we were close but no luck.  

My GPS is one of those ancient ones I purchased in 1995 and it just don't have the accuracy, even with SA turned off, for something like that.

I'm still looking for an upgrade and will return to try again when I get one.  It was loads of fun alright

Tinhorn

Pasco

Reaction score
I'm real glad this floated to the top.  Another reason to go to far off places.  Also not so far off places, the kids and I found our first cache 3 miles from home tonight, a good excuse to wander our urban forests. Thanks.

PowDuck

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'll have to try one of these some day soon.

Bowfever

Reaction score
Well heck I just as well bring an ancient thread back to the top one more time.  The whole reason that i found this forum and the great site to allow me to make my "Trail Cam" was Geocaching.  I have been pretty involved in geocaching for about a year and loved every minute of it.  One day on the geocaching forum a guy poste a message saying that he found this neat site that showed how to make a "homebrew cam"  he wanted to make one and locate it near one of his caches to get some people on film...  Since that day I can count the times that I have spent on the geocaching forums on one hand.  Sad in a way but hey this homebrewing is great...

Bowfever

Quinn

Reaction score

Hi all...I am new to your forums here and have only heard about them from someone posting a comment in my forums on the Navicache.com website. The use of the cameras as a means to take shots of cachers on the way to or from a cache site is very interesting indeed, but I worry that making use of these to take shots of people instead of game may cause the camera to come up missing at the sound of the first click.
I too am a hunter and have used something like this many years ago to identify a large deer print being seen where I hunt.
It is nice to see a GPS section within these forums, if anyone has any questions tech wise please feel free to stop by and we'll get them answered for you.
Very nice forums here indeed!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom