Grabbed One for Hunter Pat

bigworm

Reaction score
For the last three weeks I have been passing hunt after hunt. My week ends as well as during the week have been all about baseball and softball. With two kids playing, and some city rec ball for myself, I have had no time for hunting. I hooked up with Flatbroke and his dad for a Sunday hunt. I was looking forward to it. They had been seeing large numbers the previous two weekends. We rolled in to the ranch at day break. About 200 yards in we stopped to glass the open country. The dogs were acting up already. Flatbrokes dad stepped out of the truck, and spotted 6 hogs about 200 yards away. We started up after them, and they broke immediatley. The dogs took off after them. The hogs were blowing through waiste high mustard and oates. In the tall stuff you could not see the hogs. The two young dogs came back about 20 minutes later, then another one. This left Flatbrokes T bone missing. We had no idea where he was or where the hogs had gone. We loaded up to drive over and check over the top of a ridge. We got on the back side and spotted 5 more hogs. The wind was wrong, and they were headed for the neighbors, so we forgot about them. Two of us decided to make a walk down this finger with the three dogs. Meanwhile Flatbroke was going to drive back down to the bottom where we would meet. I got half way down the finger, where the open country borders the brush. I could hear grunting and squealling in the brush. Buster and Payton both went into the brush and struck hogs. This was a great experience for these young dogs to be able to find their own hogs. Meanwhile as Flatbroke reached the bottom, he found T Bone working a nice hog in the open. Because the young dogs are turned in to another dogs bark usually, they will honor another dogs bay. So Payton and Buster hearing another dogs bark left their hog, to go help out. A short while later we were all grouped up again, with the dogs teamed up on T Bones hog. We were having some fun with the situation, so I decided to grab the hog. On my first try the hog spun and charged me. As I jumped back, I tripped in a large squirrel hole, and found myself flat on my back. Lucky for me the dogs spun the hog back around in no time. I thought back to a thread by Bayed solid when he got cut. Hunter Pat posted "Call me crazy but I don't Dodge very well. But will take on a charging sow or a young boar. Their weak points is its ears once you got that, the boar is yours. It a mere adrenaline rush between man and boar. Some times you escape and sometime you don't." So in your honor (Pat) I grabbed this hog by the ears. LOL
Maybe Flatbroke will post up the photo?
We tend to always grab the safe end, as Flatbroke and T Bone show in the photos. All in all a good day, we were done before 9:00am.
I also snapped a quick photo, of one of two Tom's bowed up over a hen. For the trukey hunters.

Attachments

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Great pics. Looks exciting. But I gotta ask, what are you doing to that poor hog in the first photo?

Kentuck

Reaction score
SD beat to that question. Looks little Duelling Bangoish to me!

Nice hog and turkey. You all don't hunt them?

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Good job guys you had me rolling and laughing my ass off. LOL. Did you keep it or let it loose to run another day?
Great pics. Can I play?lol

bigworm

Reaction score
Your minds are in the gutter! You must have woke up erection in hand, and sex on the brain.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Big Worm the hog was submissive when you held her by the ears? Wern't she?

You got my vote for GREATEST PICS OF THE WEEK*******

bigworm

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huntr Pat @ Apr 24 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Big Worm the hog was submissive when you held her by the ears? Wern't she?[/b]
The hog continued to try to bite me, the still of the picture is deceptive.
I like the controll of the back legs better. You can flop the hog on its side.
All in good fun!

wyemjohnson

Reaction score
ditto on picture of the week! I won't comment as it just looks you were having too much fun! LOL

DanV

Reaction score
Looks like a fun alternative to just popping one with a rifle , somewhat surprised it is legal in California or is it ? We got too many laws and lots on harrassing different critters . Watch a video the other day one dog vs. one real big pissed off hog , I now understand what the vestson the dogs are for ! What are those vests made of ?

Great pictures , although as stated the first one looks a bit strange ! No , I did'nt wake up why a piss-on , getting too old for that . DAMN !!!

chirohunter

Reaction score
Respectively Retracted!!! Only in fun guys...not ment to offend!!!

chirohunter

Reaction score
Oops! You already posted the pic...thanks for the G-Rated version! Cool pics...and much braver, you are, than I!!! Nice Job!!

Flatbroke

Reaction score
Hey chriohunter, you sure you didnt make a mistake and put your location on the wrong side of the bay

One Track

Reaction score
That looks like more fun than riding a moped. I need to get me some of those dogs, and move up to hog country.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
This is a website and some of the photos are hunting photos with blood and may not be tolerable to some. These guys hunt with dogs some pic's may look obscene, but only by viewer. You must be 18 to view this forum.

chirohunter

Reaction score
Huntr Pat,
Please know that all was written with toung in cheak. Others had made joking references to the first pic, and I was only trying to make more laughs. I think you were reading my reply literally...as in some sort of cry for animal abuse by grabbing the pig by the ears or something. My response had nothing to do with trying to "bash" anything nor anyone. If I have offended you, then I will oppologise for not writing my "joke" more clearly. To prevent any future confusion, to you or anyone else, I have retracted my joke...which I still think you missed.
Respectfully,
Steve

Edit: All of this editing is getting confusing...I see you too have retracted and edited your reply. I will admit, that I did continue in the gutter (unlike others had prior to me)....none the less, I will again apologize if I have offended you.
Steve

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
No worries, some people may view differently but its all good.

Flatbroke

Reaction score
Its all good chirohunter, I got it and tossed a little back your way

chirohunter

Reaction score
Flatbroke,
No problems..I knew you got it and were only given some back...bravo!

Advertisement

Top Bottom