Great finish to the season

rodngun

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that sometimes when you think you are done for the season, the sun does rise again! I had no plans to hunt for the remainder of the season whe a buddy of mine called and said he had an opening for a guest at his club in the Butte Sink on Wednesday if I was interested. I had meetings at work on Wednesday, so I declined. He called me Tuesday afternoon and said there were birds everywhere with a North wind and I should reconsider. So I said the hell with work and went up Wednesday morning. It was unbelievable. We had our limits of all drake mallards by 8:00 am, including the third banded bird of my life, and then went to another blind in open water and shot 3 Specks by 10 am. I was back into work by 2:30 pm. But the duck fever had taken hold of me...With the North wind still blowing on Thursday I went out to the SF. National Wildlife refuge for the afternoon and shot my first ever Drake Canvasback that's going to be mounted....What a great way to end the season!

Baldplate

Reaction score
Great story and the moral is never go to work when you have an invite to go duck hunting. Your employer will understand after all this is the flu season, cough-cough.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom