Great pic of Radio Shack setup from Randy.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Randy was kind enough to send this pic showing in great detail how the Radio Shack 49-425 is hooked up. I wish I could draw this good. Many thanks Randy.

Nino

Reaction score
As they say - A picture is worth a thousand words.  This will come in handy to double check my work and making sure everything is connected to the right spot.  Thanks!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Kudos to Randy.  Great Pic.  Man is that valuable.

I'm assuming the switch between the camera and the led allows you to turn on or the other on/off but not both at the same time.  Right??

Thanks,
Todd

Welby

Reaction score
Man, that is a great illustration.  Very inspiring.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Dang that's good!!

Any idea what program he used to draw it?

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Todd yes, a DTDP switch like the one shown in the pic allows you to turn off one set of contacts while turning another set on. This eliminates one switch and a step in setting up the camera.

I'll see what program Randy used, I'm curious too. Maybe we can appoint him artist supreme on high or sumpin. I'm sure the new peeps to electronics will dig this pic, it really helps visualize what's going on.

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Very nice indeed

makes it look easier than it really is....lol

goes to show you how simple a good pic will make something seem when you know what result you want to get .

thanks Randy

R

Randyman

I did it using Adobe Illustrator. It's not a 3D program but still does a nice job. I'm glad you all like it. Just my way of giving something back for all this free information. I appreciate it. My game cam works great and I'm a happy hunter!

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Randy, THANKS.  Not too long ago I had torn my other camera apart in an attempt to hand draw a diagram of how it was all wired.  Now I don’t need to bother any more.  

I wired my unit up a little different opting for the speaker wire set up, but unfortunately I now need to find a 9V relay or attempt to reduce the voltage to the relay.  I may have to go in and rewire it the way you have it illustrated when it is all said and done.

Again THANKS for the great illustration.  You saved me a lot of time and effort with this.  JB

robNhood

Reaction score
Great job!
It's getting close for me to build a RS cam. I have built 4 MS20's and need to try a RS. Thanks for the great pic.

Top Bottom