GREAT PICS BUT PROBLEM...

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
I HAVE HAD MY CAMS OUT AND HAD GOOD SUCCESS TAKIN PICS OF THE CRITTERS AT THE HOUSE HERE. BUT I HAVE HAD 2 OUT FOR A WEEK AND WHEN I WENT AND GOT THEM   YAHOOOOO 12-15 PICS ON EACH...RUSH TO KMART    BACK IN 1 HR AND DEER, FOX, DAY, NIGHT...BUT I HAD LIKE 6 IN A ROW EARLY MORNING 730 ISH THAT HAVE HARD TO SEE TIMES AND R DUPILCATES NUTTIN IN PICS....COULD THE RISING SUN HAVE AN EFFECT ON MY RS PIR...THATS MY QUESTION... ALL SUPER CLEAR WITH NO FLASH BLEEDING....CONCERNED...STEVE

jayber

Reaction score
What direction are you facing your cam(s)?  Also look very, very close......often I've looked back through some of my pics for the millionth time only to notice a tail, bird, squirrel, etc. that set it off.

(Edited by jayber at 3:57 pm on Feb. 4, 2002)

wvhunter

Reaction score
The sun shining directly into the RS PIR will trip the PIR.  The first time I set out my cam I set it facing east and 15 picts of beutiful sunrises.  I now always try and face the cam either north or south as much as possible.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
in the winter  SOUTH is not a good place to point it either,  the sun swings way south this time of year (take a look about Noon and see)

to be safe,  point it due north if at all possible,  the morning sun don't hurt it as bad as setting sun so a little N/E isn't too bad (at least for me)

I try to remember to take a compass with me to set it up if I'm not too sure about the area

Tinhorn

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
10-4 thanks thats enuuf for me to figure that it is what done it ...anyone need a super clear pic of a clear cut i have a few cheap!!! hurry only 6 left

Gator

Reaction score
Bohunter,  I had a problem on one particular food plot with false pics.  And what I found was Robins and Black birds seem to migrate thru that area.  The birds were tripping the pir but by the time the cam went off the bird was out of the pic.  I moved the cam to several other locations and never had a problem with false pics again.

Top Bottom