GREY TREE SQUIRREL

overdrawn

Reaction score
they can be taken in Riverside County? I can't seem to find my reg book. But I have found an area that is loaded with them. Are they as good as the tree squirrels in the midwest? Does anyone even hunt them?

(Edited by overdrawn at 6:12 pm on Nov. 11, 2001)

jackrabbit

Reaction score
Those grey tree squirrels are great eating.  But I believe they are still off limits south of the Tehachapi mountains.  The southern california anti-hunters have been able to ban squirrel hunting down there for quite a few years now.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I used to Hunt them years ago with my uncle up at tejon ranch, they were a dime a dozen so to speak, to be safe your best bet is contact the DFG and find and find out. And yes they are good eating. Good Luck let me know what you find out.

Bill W

Reaction score
Used to hunt them with a .22 all the time in the mountains of  northeast Ventura Ventura County (Apache Canyon).  Good eating.

Bill

overdrawn

Reaction score
Guess i will have to wait till next year deer season, I finally got the DGF pgf file to download and it says that ya cant hunt them south of Kern Co. then it has to be east of I-5, but all of San LuisObispo Co. and north is open, but there is a season and it starts in August, limit 4 per day

Top Bottom