Grizzly Island - Pheasant Opener

Bodie

Reaction score
I finally received my first ressie of the season!!!  I  have put in for 3-5 places almost every shoot day and until now have been skunked.  I really wanted to get drawn for pheasant opener(11/10/01) so I put in for 10 places.  I got drawn #68 at Grizzly Island and #3 at Yolo.  I am thinking that Grizzly Island is the better of the two to go to, however, I have never been there.  I am looking for some advice on where hunt pheasants at Grizzly.  Anything would be greatly appreciative.

Also, does anyone know how many people I can take on my Grizzly ressie?   I have no idea.  I attempted to read, re-read, and re-read again the ever so reader friendly dfg public lands publication, but was unable to find the information I was looking for.

(Edited by Bodie at 12:36 pm on Nov. 5, 2001)

Jay

Reaction score
Reservation numbers are not used at Grizzly. The reservation gets you in but they are processed in order of arrival at the check station.

With one reservation you may bring two adults (including yourself) and two junoir hunters or non-shooters per adult.

Bodie

Reaction score
Jay,

Thanks for the information.  This is my first year hunting the public lands and it is difficult to learn how each place works since they all do things differently.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Bodie, I got two questions, where is Grizzly and let us know how  how you did. Thanks and good luck.

Bodie

Reaction score
Thonzberry,

Grizzly Island is just Southeast of Fairfield/Suisun.  I looked at the DFG statistics for pheasants and the Grizzly harvest is usually the second highest for the season on public lands.  Just Grey Lodge harvests more birds.  Little Dry Creek comes in third.

I will post my results after opener.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom