Grizzly was dead...

db 183

Reaction score
Hunted the afternoon at Grizzly today. Didn't hear hardly any shots. Had one spoony decoy in. I shot and missed (karma after laughing at Crusty, Bux-n-Dux and my daughter last weekend).

We actually decided to get some "dog food" and shoot some coots and only managed one of those...:lol bashing sign:

We saw decent flights of ducks around 3:45 but they were all a mile high and on a mission.

bux-n-dux

Reaction score
It's the same all over most of Suisun Marsh. My uncle, who has hunted the marsh for almost 50 years, says it was the worst December he can remember at his club.

At least the duck we all missed was a mallard. Missing a shoveler.....for shame David, for shame.

Last edited:

crustyde

Reaction score
DB it was not any better in the morning. That's two hunts now without firing a shot. Lets hope santa brings us some ducks.

That was not a normal duck she was a phantom duck or there was divine intervention. If she flew any slower she would have fell out of the sky. Even after shooting she keep to her leisurely pace. She knew she was untouchable.:smiley_doh:

Last edited:

coothunter

Reaction score
It's the same all over most of Suisun Marsh. My uncle, who has hunted the marsh for almost 50 years, says it was the worst December he can remember at his club.

At least the duck we all missed was a mallard. Missing a shoveler.....for shame David, for shame.

My buddies laugh at me because I will miss the mallard landing in the decoys with 3 shots. Then a spoonie comes by - twisted around, behind the back, going away - one shot stoned dead.

db 183

Reaction score

I swear he was wearing kevlar and had his own gun turret to fire back with. This was not your average shoveler.

Oh and a jet pack with rocket fuel.

Top Bottom