Groovy Pelicans

whitetailfan

Reaction score
Exactly how and what deminsions are used to groove out the Pelican boxes (1120's) for installation of the Canon PF's. All I know is that it's done with a Dremel tool. Any pics??

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Just get yourself a box, a camera, and a dremel.  Better safe than sorry so just remove a little material at a time, check the fit and try again.  I just try to remove about the same ammount from each side. Just to the edge of the gasket groove.    You will see when you look that the "grove" needs to be a little deeper where the strap attaches.  There is no need to remove more than you need to to make it fit.  Be sure to use the right bit.  The sanding drums work but have a tendency to heat up the plastic where it wants to gum up.  I use a spiral carbide bit about 1/4" dia x 3/8" long with a ball nose.  It only takes a few minnutes to do.  

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I have used the Pelican 1120's so the handle is on top, and it works just fine, no grinding required. It just depends on how you want it to look, and what way you want the door to open. If you mount it horizontally it may stick out less on smaller trees. I like having the door open down, it's a good place to set the camera on when your changing film or batteries. Once you take a look at a 1120 you will see that it can be done a couple different ways.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom