Ground Blind?

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be going to Missouri this november and won't have time to set up a tree stand.........I'm planning on getting a ground blind...the ones I've looked at have shoot through windows? won't that deflect your arrow?......I'd like to get a decent blind but I don't want to spend a fortune......is there a decent blind out there at a resonable price? $100.00 or so.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Not sure about the price you're looking for, but I'm sure there are....I'm taking two (2) DoubleBull T2's with me on my hunt and plan on putting them to use along with a treestand....

Even if you didn't have a DB, they have a real good DVD about ground blind set-up for deer.....

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I use a DB T-5. I hunted Turkeys, Mule Deer, and Whitetail Deer out of them. I'll tell you that Whitetails are the spookiest of all three. The deer knew the blind was something new in their living room. My suggestion. Brush it in real good. My experience with the shoot through screens is if it's a close shot it will have no noticeable effect on the arrow. Can't tell you what effect it will have on a long shot. With the whitetails I wouldn't hunt them without the screens. I can't recommend any other blinds. The DB is the only one I've owned. My
Ed F

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
I had an el cheapo one year for whitetail hunting (i dont remember the brand). I couldnt stand it beyond 2hrs into the first hunt. The thing had probably 8 zippers on it, and with the slightest wind, they would jingle. The fabric made a flapping noise also. Maybe take these features into consideration when making your choice.

pietromarc

Reaction score
I use a pop-up ground blind for Turkey only, It was a Home brew project, cost me about $50 to make, it came out great, but i wouldn't make one again.

Buck Hunter Vic

Reaction score
I have an Ameristep TSC,(total sent control),it has shoot through screen's,and of there are 3 port hole's,1' x 18" or so,and they are in the center of 3 larger window's,that at 20" x 4',both size's have zipper's,and arent to bad for noise.The door is a very good size,when opened it is 4'x5' or so,big enough for even wheelchair access.For sent control,the larger screen's,have a clear plastic,on one side,to help keep in your sent.They are all attached,with velcro.I have used it in Washington St,but only had a doe & fawn come by.They are around $150.00 or so.

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
Thanx for all the info........I'll be hunting white tail but from my past experiance these deer are not too spooky....I've even drove a jeep out into the pasture and the deer still came out feeding...just not close enough for a bow.......this is what I was looking at but I think I'll check around a bit more.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
make sure you have seen in person the model you choose before ordering, the dimensions are deceiving when you are in one, also if you are able to leave it there a few days, or a week, and brush it in, they won't notice it

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
also if you are able to leave it there a few days, or a week, and brush it in, they won't notice it[/b]
The area I'll be hunting is a pasture 1/4 mile wide and 3/4 miles long......it's surrounded by tree's and all the leaves have fallen making a stalk impossible.......there's a group of trees where the deer usually come out within 30 yards that I can set the blind in...(at least the last couple time I was there)....I plan on setting it up and then watching it a day or so and see if it changes anything.......as I said these deer aren't too spooked.......this is the first buck I've shot there and since then some monsters have been taken.....they seem to get bigger every year.

arizona hunter

Reaction score
I use A 1/2 ground blind. It has been very usefull and it is so portable it easily fits in a medium back pack. Has come in very handy calling coyotes.

Orso

Reaction score
AZ Hunter, What is a A 1/2 ground blind???

Buck Hunter Vic

Reaction score
BD that's the same blind I have,and there is enough room for 2 people in it.

Reaction score
Hey BD, not sure where you are hunting in MO, but if it is close to Liberty, MO go to Rogers Sporting Goods and get a blind. They have great prices. Check it out rogerssportinggoods.com. I don't know if they will ship but you could ask.

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
Check it out rogerssportinggoods.com[/b]
Thanx HomertheHunter......I checked it out and there were some nice blinds very resonable price.....one I liked alot.

BD that's the same blind I have,and there is enough room for 2 people in it.[/b]
slyone2no...how do you like it? would you recomend this blind and is there any faults with it?

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
nice whitetail mount BirdD, real nice tall tine eyegaurds, good luck on your future hunts..................tra

3D4ME

Reaction score
Bird:

You need to add one of these Gyllie kits to your blind setup. It looks funny but it really helps out a lot. I got my dad one for his Ameristep during Turkey season. He had a hen come up to the blind and start pecking on 3D kit. Something to consider.

Attachments

arizona hunter

Reaction score
You guys are merciless! What I refer to as a "half blind" is a three sextion blind that sits in front of you. It is maybe a little wider than a large sun reflector that you put in your car. It is low enough to see over but still hides most of your hand & foot movement. If you set by a Juniper tree or such, you can almost surround yourself with a combination of tree and blind.

So far I've only used it for calling coyotes, and it does a great job plus is lite and packable.

Top Bottom