Ground Blinds

NikolaKangrga

Reaction score
What kind of ground blinds are you guys using? How do you like them?

augnmike

Reaction score
Nick the past two deer seasons in Montana I have used the Ameristep Dog House. I got one real cheap ($40) so I gave it a try. All that I can say is the usual price on this is around $90 and you get what you pay for apparently with ground blinds because it was about impossible to hunt from this thing. I did kill a nice whitetail with a bow from it but it wasn't easy. I am only 5' 8" and I couldn't sit in a chair of any size in this blind and still see out the windows. So I ended up sitting flat on the ground in order to see. I am thinking of getting a Double Bull this season at least that is what my research (online) has indicated as a good quality blind. They are a heck of a lot more money though.

lioncaller

Reaction score
When pack-ability and weight are a concern I use an Ameristep Outhouse blind. It goes up and down rapidly, has a very small footprint that I can set nearly anywhere, and it goes anyplace I'm willing to lug it. Keep in mind that this is a ONE person blind.

When I am setting up in a location where I will leave the blind for a few days, I use either a Double Bull 360 or an Ameristep Doghouse.

The 360 is a premium blind that carries a premium price tag--therefore, if I think it might get stolen I put out the less expensive Doghouse. I have had very good luck with either blind, but I do prefer the full wndow adjustability of the 360. The Ameristep is easier to set up and weighs a bit less. The DB 360 seems a bit more sturdy and is covered in cloth that is quiet when branches rub it.

Since I call / hunt mountain lions most of the time, I use the outhouse the most. It's a quick easy way to get concealed that goes anywhere.

catchdog

Reaction score
i use a cheap G20 from gander mtn .shoot deer from it every year just need a short seat. keeps the weather off ya as well as keeping you hid.

Top Bottom