Guide for X zones??

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I have never used a guide in California and only twice in other states. I have 2 friends who keep buying points so they would be able to hunt a number of different X zones if they wanted to. Not max points but enough to get a decent X zone. I know some guides work the northeast corner of the state and I would assume some guides work X9 also. Does anyone have a recommendation for a guided hunt in an X zone in California? Both guys say they will not hunt alone and they do use guides in other states so they know the cost.
This of course would be for 2021 or 2022. Since everyone is thinking about deer hunting right now I thought I would ask for them since I am out of ideas for them to use their points and not hunt alone.

slowpoke

Reaction score
One of my friends dads hunted with Alturas Ranches a few years ago when we drew X3b tags. He shot a decent buck the first morning and he was satisfied with the experience

Sawfish

Reaction score
I was looking around for a guide a few years ago, and a guy that ran one of the sporting goods stores in Bishop told me they had all quit the business. With the shrinking deer herd (lions), shorter seasons, increased expenses, and fewer tags, they no longer felt they could make any money.

greenhead bower

Reaction score
How many points we talking? What I’ve seen is there’s guides but they are doing to the top zones 10-max points. Maybe there are some that x9 units but not sure. My understanding is most guides don’t want to take people that can draw that tag every couple years and poach a spot. Where 10 plus years kind of prevents that from happening so frequently.

Sawfish

Reaction score
I have never used a guide in California and only twice in other states. I have 2 friends who keep buying points so they would be able to hunt a number of different X zones if they wanted to. Not max points but enough to get a decent X zone. I know some guides work the northeast corner of the state and I would assume some guides work X9 also. Does anyone have a recommendation for a guided hunt in an X zone in California? Both guys say they will not hunt alone and they do use guides in other states so they know the cost.
This of course would be for 2021 or 2022. Since everyone is thinking about deer hunting right now I thought I would ask for them since I am out of ideas for them to use their points and not hunt alone.
CFG used to keep a list of licensed guides. If you know the area get the contact number for the biologist or warden assigned to an area. They should be able to point you to a licensed guide.

Top Bottom