Guide service question

norcal7

Reaction score
I'm planning my first deer hunt. Been thinking of using a guide service to learn.
Has anyone heard anything about or has used Sacriver guides?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

norcal7

Reaction score
Let me change my question.
I'm looking for a guide service for northern california.
I'm concerned about scammers (like Larry Hamilton regarding hog hunts)
Can anyone lead me to a guide service they have used or know about.

Thanks

norcal7

Reaction score
Northern California, Shasta area. I have may deer application filled out for c zone tags but... have not sent them in.
Again, any help would be great.

One Track

Reaction score
Don't overlook the B zones!!! Lots of deer are killed in B1 and B2. Nice country as well.

.257magman

Reaction score
if its deer you want you really do not need a guide ser...I would hunt B zone or C zones G1 (be prep for rain).
A zone will only cause frustration for a beginner.....D is a bit overwhelming on where..
Its going to to be a hot/dry summer and water will be the factor this fall for bucks period!
B zone is easy and you will see deer... but just plan on being a short dirstance from the road or a easy walk around and you may just a buck or two (early they'll be more then one buck together)...or just sit and glass water early and late (you will see deer trails leading to and from rivers, lake, springs, creeks!) any where along the M1 road(mendocino pass)..keep an eye out because of privite property and hunting clubs!
save your money for the guide and but a great pair of bino's that will last a life time ($1200/$1600 swarovskis)...
the G1 C ZONE hunt is an easy draw and it is crowded how ever I ve done well there every time I hunted it..just have to walk, hike and glass..the game refuge has a draw on oneside and the other is walk in...
if you want more on B zone its B1....smoke house, green spring trail head..and then theres Pony ridge..Indain dick trail head..
cherry lake.. panther creek! and any on the ridges around Howard Lake.. hardly any priv prop around and all of these will hold good bucks and it will have it share of hunters just do not do opening weekend..theres water in areas around the areas above..
and are not my honey holes but I can see almost all of it from where I hunt.
Be shooting at range and get comfy shooting all ranges..I have shot bucks here 30yrds to over 600yrds.
If you want go scout and take a bow during bow season who knows.
If you wound a buck here they will run down hill 95 % of the time!
lots of camp grounds all pay I think...take water! lots of easy road access!
take care! IM me for anything you want..
.257magman

SJ Hoghunter

Reaction score
257magnum:

I hunt with Norcal7 and just want to thank you for the information. I'd love to pick you brain a bit more about the B-zone areas you mentioned.

SJ Hoghunter

Top Bottom