Guided Hunt

jayber

Reaction score
I've got a buddy wanting to go on a guided whitetail deer hunt next year or in '03.  Told him I'd try to get some references for him, figuring this would be a great place to start.  He mentioned Texas-Arkansas-The South.  I told him Canada might be a good option since he's wanting BIG bucks.  He also wants it to be a challenge, not a hunt where you sit in a heated hut and pick out the biggest of the big that come around a feeder.  Money is not an issue at this point, but I would like to hear of some reference if anybody has any.  And Thanks in advance!!

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
jayber i sent you two emails that i got from Clint Gray (Buckshot Outfitters). they are camtrakker pix he sent me about a month or so ago. fon't mean to seem pushing but he has a good out fit and will treat you very well!

cc

jayber

Reaction score
Thanks, got your e-mails/pics.  I'll mention this place to him and he can go from there.

Still looking for others......

quackmaster

Reaction score
Not really many deer guides here in Arkansas, plenty for ducks though.
Most people around here, if they get the chance go to Illinois for bow, then probably Texas for gun. There are some BIG ones in Kansas also.

jayber

Reaction score
Thought he said Arkansas, but maybe it was Mississippi or somewhere else......who knows, my memory is terrible!  LOL  But thanks, maybe he should focus on TX (?).

nobuckkev

Reaction score
Try the place out on the Virginia/West Virginia border. I think it is called The Shadeyridge or Shadey Oak plantation. It is reletively new and for bowhunters only. I have a brochure at home and will email you the info soon. It ain't too expensive and looks like a nice place.  It is all stand hunting.

nobuckkev

Reaction score
Texas is supposed to be the best. But everything I have heard from there is just what you said you didn't want. I heard they feed the crap out of them and they are everywhere and you just sit and wait for the biggest one to come by and stick it. It has to be true if you watch any of the hunting videos that are out there.

Bou

Reaction score
Texas.....you can make it any kind of hunt you want. He is right, they feed the deer well and most bucks are above average. But if you wanna big buck, you are gonna have the play the game, in that, you are gonna have to wait it out, constantly waiting and watching. Not hard I suppose but if you cannot ride the roller coaster of having your heart pound one minute to the next, you will not last on a 4 day hunt. And, you will see more deer in 4 days in Texas then in 10 years in California and there in lies the value, watching and learning. I have bow hunted Ca. for many a year and have seen my share of bucks. No way I would give up my annual Texas hunt.

Bou

Reaction score
I would but the above post was made by In the hunt. I was on his computer and logged on Jeese's page and somehow his computer remembered my user name and password. Damn these puters!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom