HAM Radio

stickman

Reaction score
I've been considering getting a hand held ham radio or at least one for my truck for emergencies in remote areas. I've been trying to do research into it, but I'm having trouble. Anyone have any ideas on where I can get some info? Also any recomendations regarding brands or models I should be looking at would also be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Marty

Reaction score
Asking at a ham store can be risky to your wallet.  :smile-big-blue:

I would suggest attending a monthly meeting with SOARA (SOARA).  They meet in Mission Viejo at the Community Center, up LaPaz.  Let me know if you're going, and I'll try to go too.  

As far as HT's go, the Yeasu's are very popular.  Too compact for my liking, but they are functional with the high-amp battery.  I picked up an ADI AT-600, but have yet to take the time to learn all the options.

stickman

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll check the meeting scheduale and try to attend one. I'll let you know the date I choose.

Marty

Reaction score
I missed this last meeting myself.  I was off work with my two daughters who were home sick.  Next meeting is mid-August.  Last Saturday was the class/test up in FV with Gordon West.  Met him at the last OC Scout-O-rama.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom