Hamiltoe's board

upnorthunter

Inactive
Reaction score
Just completed three units using Hamiltoe's Etched circuit boards.  They really turn out nice and are just as good if not better than the manufactured trail cameras.  With the four time delays you can adjust to whatever needs you have.  Like if you want to put one on a feeder and don't want 24 pictures of the same deer.

I bought just the boards from Steve.  I purchased the parts myself.  There is a lot of soldering but it isn't bad.  If you don't feel comfortable with it the completed circuit boards would be great.

wolf

Reaction score
I have no problem soldering but i dont know a diode from a resistor. Are the instructions simple enough to identify which part goes where on the board

buckraker

Reaction score
I have no problem soldering but i dont know a diode from a resistor. Are the instructions simple enough to identify which part goes where on the board

Wolf
I would not suggest you go this route unless you have experience soldering printed circuit boards. These are small delicate leads than can be damaged by poor soldering practices.
I just finished two myself and while I am in the Field It took some remedial practice before I was comfortable again.

wolf

Reaction score
i am not at all concerned about the soldering. i am just not sure if i will be able to read the schematic well enough to know what part goes where on the board. is it simple enough

hamiltoe

Reaction score
wolf,
The kit includes several pages of drawings and detailed instructions that include not only the schematics, but a physical layout of the circuit board which shows the components.  I even throw in a drawing that explains which way the diodes and capacitors are supposed to be mounted.  I also have some pictures of a completed circuit board on my website that anyone can use for a reference.  I've been told that the instructions are pretty easy to follow.

upnorthunter

Inactive
Reaction score
The instructions are very informative and straight forward.  I would definately say that in order to assemble your own, that you have to be comfortable with solering.  I have a variable heat soldering iron that works really good for these circuit boards.

Lew

Reaction score
The Hamiltoe board is a great option.  I have tried several timer systems to build a camera unit using a Lamson PIR, so far I have not been successful in getting one to work.  I am getting close and with some great help from gundocc and others eventually I will get it done.  However, with the Hamiltoe unit I just put it together in one day and it is out in the field right now taking pictures.  Very easy to use, many features, small, easy to install and no more expensive then buying a separtae PIR and timer.  For first time builders I highly recommend it.  Lew

Latest Posts

Top Bottom