• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Hannibal The Canable Deepthroat Bass! Pics..

THE ROMAN ARCHER

LONG STORY BUT WORTH READING> SO once upon a time....lol so I found out that for this whole week the course is closed, not just Tuesdays only right now so of course I wanted to go back to the Woodbridge pond to see if i could get a chance at that around 8lb. Male pond monster bass that won't hit any thing I toss at it.
Around 7:30 PM the all head and shoulder pond monster showed up with it's running partner which is very good size too.
So I get excited this time I throw out a swim bait, Nada! Blue lizard Nada!worm again Nada! Frog again nada! WTF!
I am thinking I might have to use live bait like a shiner someday to get that sucker to strike so I give up again trying to hook them as they just swam around the bridge below me.
I go back to casting out my Sticko Worm off the bridge and I hook a real healthy 11" one pound Bass and as I am reeling it into the bank edge below bridge and me all of a sudden the 2 huge bass i have been after followed it in and now were swimming along with it while it's on my line and hook, while I am on the bridge looking down moving the the little bass on my line around the water both bass were still right up next to it and I am think it might be one of there mates it was weird they were not attacking just staying right next to it.
So I am thinking let me grab my frog pole and now while holding one rod with the fish in the water with the other 2 staying glued to it I have my frog pole in the other hand with the frog now on the water by all three fish and BAM I get a strike and set the hook quick, set down the other pole with the little bass still hooked on it in the water and reeled up a big azz bass 4 ft out the water up to the bridge without loosing it or breaking my pole it was heavy but it wasn't the big jazz monster I wanted it was it's running buddy which was almost 5 lbs.. the other one is a solid 7-8 Male too.
So now I am thinking I am leaving that one out the water focus on the monster go back now grab my pole with the small bass on the line and the pond Monster was right next to it still and I grab my frog pole again with the other hand and drop the frog down in front of the lunkernut while moving the other pole around with the fish on it but it would not strike like the other one, wtf.
Now I set my frog pole down give up on that I still have the small bass on the hook and line just floating around below me with the lunker still staying right up on it. So I decided to take pics of it and some video too from above it. I take one pic of the pond Monster below in a few inches of water right by the bank edge next to the barley surving bait fish on my line and now what happens next blows my mind and I will never b the same...
THE FREEKING POND MONSTER TURNS TO THE FRONT OFF 11" BAIT FISH ON MY LINE AND SWALLOWS THE WHOLE BASS IN ONE SHOT AND STARTS SWIMMING OFF WITH MY FISH DEEP THROATED ALL THE WAY UNDER THE BRIDGE.
SO after a few seconds I try and see if I can get a hook set with the fish in it's throat still but all I ended up with was a bent hook and have my sticko Worm and the pond Monster gets away again and now it has a full belly for sure. So I guess the reason those fish were basically hugging the dying fish on my line they were waiting for its faint vitals to make the strike, I am lucky when I was dealing with its partner I hooked it didn't swallow that fish then it could off took my pole too.
So I released the other lunker back in to join his running mate again.
Well now I know that lunker likes only live bait now, I am going to have to catch a little bait fish set a hook on it properly and it's my goal to hook Hannibal The Canable bass now.
I wonder how long I should wait to go back after it with that full belly it has now, I have to Google their digest rate, I want to make sure when I go after it again it's very hungry and I should give the bridge pond a break after all the action I had last night, besides this story last night I had a grand slam and hooked 3 trophy lurkers all on frogs in 2 hrs and I will post those in my running frog post.
Wait to u see the size of these and Hannibal the Canable is way bigger.
Here's a couple pics of were the bass were right below me were all the action took place.
Without polarization on the camera phone u can't see the fish below and I wish I was quick enough to get the fish attack.
Here's pic of Hannibal the Canables partner I hooked nice trophy butt Hannibal is way larger.
Thx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!.....tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom