Happy Birthday To Me!!

MEF

Reaction score
I got up early this morning of my 48th birthday and beings that I was still breathing I decided to go out and call some yotes. I set up at my favorite location and before I started calling I noticed some movement out about 300 yards. Sure enough, it was a coyote moving across a flat! I had the .243 Encore already set up on the bipod so I cocked the hammer, drew a bead, barked, and sent an 80 grain Nosler b/t through his heart/lungs. DRT! I paced off 305 steps. Life is good!
Mike

Weasel

Reaction score
Happy birthday!
What a great way to celebrate, but be careful walking around out in the hills. We wouldn't want you to fall and break a hip. You gotta remember, you're older now.

*This is what my wife tells me, anyway.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Weasel took the words out of my mouth. lol What a way to celebrate a birthday ideed. Uh, I guess you old guys can still hold the rifle steady, huh? LOL ....... (just kidding as I wish I was only 48 / hehe).

Congratulations Again

MEF

Reaction score
You bet I can still hold a rifle steady! I just lay it across the handlebars of my "little rascal" tricycle!
I'm up a little later this morning but I'm on my way out to a different spot in a minute to see if I have enough wind left to blow my ap-6 without passing out!
Mike

Weasel

Reaction score
Well, good luck to ya old fella. I hope you're taking a camera.

I'm a former Vta. Co. resident. I wonder if you know who I am?

MEF

Reaction score
Yep, I brought the camera. Problem was the only things I killed today were clay pigeons at the trap range! I struck out on two sets before I headed to the range. I do have photos of this years seven coyotes but they are still in the camera. One of these days I'll develop the film and post the pics!
Weasel, chances are I may know you as I have lived in VC all my life! Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom