Has anyone tried this

TmKarren

Reaction score
I was looking though a add for DeerCam.  And they have it where you can (internally) screw it to the tree.  I don't think that sheetrock screws would work.  but maybe lag bolts, or the T handle screw for deer stands. You could use a cordless drill for these.  You could just put a flat piece of metal to sturdy it up.  It would help I think.  They can't just cum up and cut the lock, or chain.  It would take them a long time to steal it.  They would have to get into it, or cut down the tree.  It would take them a couple trips to there house to get what they need.  I saw in the store where they sell these DeerCams' they sell the (Special Cable)  They say you can't cut it with bolt cutters.  I don't know if I believe that..  But for what it's worth.  Someone just took my first camera I made.  Oh well.  At least it wasn't no $250 camera..  It was a good one though.  W/ a Owl PF date/time.  I see also the deercam has a password theft control.  I remember awhile ago that was brought up.  Did anyone ever master that??  Thanks  For this great web sight.  That is on everytime I start up the computer..

(Edited by TmKarren at 6:59 am on July 4, 2002)

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Never did screw one in to a tree but im sure it would work. The sad part is that no matter what you do if they want it bad enough you can't stop them. The best thing to do is to camo it the best way you can and keep it small. The big boxes with the big log chines just stick out to much for me.
Picking a spot where humans don't go is the best preventive move i can think of.Pick a spot where the trail go's through a thick briar patch, cut away only what you have to to get through or better yet just wear the proper clothing to get through. Some of the trails i have used are not fit for man or beast and it was real work to set it up but when i left i knew that no one would find it and i was right.If it's to tuff for you to get through or  the hill is to steep then you have found a good spot. Check out the real bark camo i used on my cams.You would have to look twice even if the flash did catch your eye. Mike (Shrewshooter)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi TMK,
Brian offers passcode protected cam controller chips.

Archilochus

passgas55

Reaction score
That is a good idea. Made me think and that can be dangerous. How about taking some 1/4" flat bar 1"wide and as long as the ammo can or what ever you are using,drill 2 holes for 3/8  " lag screws at least 6" long ,drill and tap 2 holes 3/8" corse thread one at each end .Make a bunch of these the same so you can screw these to diffrent trees to move your cam around.Screw the 2 machine tread bolts from the inside of your box to the flat bar mounted on the tree.Put a lock on hinge and you will keep the honest people honest.I think using 2"angle may even be better with the bottom of the box resting on the angle iron. My next cam I will try this out.

passgas55

Reaction score
Well I 've  made a strap that you can bolt to a tree and then you bolt your cam box to the strap.I see a few draw backs on the setup but I like it and this can be my choice for tree mounting. I will work a little more on it after some field time . You can see the set under game cam mount

http://community.webshots.com/user/passgas55

Latest Posts

Top Bottom