Has this happened to you??

SDhunter2

Reaction score
You finally get settled into your stand. You have been sitting for a while. You know if you just keep quiet something will eventually walk by. You feel your sinuses draining down the back of your throat. Its cold. You smell the clean air. Then for some reason your sinus drainage goes down the wrong pipe and you find yourself gagging and couching and damn near choking to death and making enough noise to scare off anything within 2 miles. I hate that. Just wondering if anyone has has something similar or maybe different.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Yup, sure have. I try to sit forward and let the drain just drip to the ground. The cough is the worst, especially the one that continually is irritating the back of the throat. I always carry extra med's like Sudafed or something in my backpack just in case.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
I had even worse, a bee fly up my nose! Talk about making some noise!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I used to have chronic post nasal drip. Made for annoying constant coughing and clearing of my throat. Was hell for hunting. I actually bought a Cough Silencer. That thing works OK but it takes some getting used to. Finally a doc got me on Flonase and it has been a godsend for me. I use it everyday and it keeps my nasal plumbing working the way it should. As long as I take a couple hits every morning, I'm in good shape and the Cough Silencer is gathering dust.

Coues

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Apr 5 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used to have chronic post nasal drip. Made for annoying constant coughing and clearing of my throat. Was hell for hunting. I actually bought a Cough Silencer. That thing works OK but it takes some getting used to. Finally a doc got me on Flonase and it has been a godsend for me. I use it everyday and it keeps my nasal plumbing working the way it should. As long as I take a couple hits every morning, I'm in good shape and the Cough Silencer is gathering dust.[/b]

You should give that cough silencer to Brent. Maybe he can modify it to fit over his bung hole and silence

the barking frog?

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
SDHNTR, funny that you say that because I have the same prob. The doctor told me it was allergies and gave me allegra D and it has definitely helped put a stop to the problem.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
I slept next to Nate in the Sonora once with that drip. It was cartoonesque. This kat snored like he was summoning demons from the other deminsions. Even his two day old sweaty socks placed over his grill wouldnt wake him. At least he was well rested.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom