Has your poison oak rash healed?

GSP

Reaction score
 Has your poison oak healed yet? Are you on your second out break of rash yet . LOL...
 I know I am .  I remember one year I had it so bad my whole leg swole up and had to go to the Doctor for a steroid shot. Still have the old steroid lotion.
  Real OutdoorsMen with poison oak resin on their hands will take a leak while standing in a patch of poison oak.  LOL... Aint no fun haveing poison oak on your ****!!!

(Edited by GSP at 1:02 pm on July 7, 2002)

(Edited by GSP at 2:45 pm on July 7, 2002)

Speckmisser

Reaction score
As someone who suddenly got Poison Oak after a lifetime of immunity, I can sure relate to the fact that it's no fun!  What's worse is that I learned that it will run in the bloodstream and surface in places you were careful not to touch, so just keeping your hands off is no guarantee.  

Since this is a FAMILY oriented forum with a real mix of readers, I won't mention all those places...  but it wasn't a lot of fun.

For those interested, here's an excellent website about Poison Oak.  But if you go hoping for a remedy, be warned... the only cure for Poison Oak (or Poison Ivy) is time.   http://www.knoledge.org/oak/

Marty

Reaction score
Since moving to CA, I have never caught a case.  I do take precautions; most that I learned growing up in the midwest with Poison Oak and Poison Ivy.  

Also, several years ago, I found a Poison Oak Soap/Wash on a clearance shelf in Target.  I bought several bottles.  Works great by lifting the irritating oils off the skin.  Smells like mink oil with a mild detergent.  

GSP

Reaction score
 A guy from work says spray WD 40 on poison oak

BigDog

Reaction score
I am VERY sensitive to Poison Oak. I used to have to go to the doctor a couple times each deer season. My doctor gave me a standing prescription for a steroid pack. I tried many supposed remedies. Over the years, I have found that the real solution is to wash up as soon as possible. That is of course along with trying to avoid it. I always carry water and soap with me. I also carry extra sets of clothing so that I don't have to put contaminated clothes back on.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
ClickDog,

Now if you'd just start using the trails, instead of bulldozing through the canyon bottoms and creekbeds... well, maybe you wouldn't need all those extra clothes and soap!  :)

And neither would the poor soul who tries to follow you!

BigDog

Reaction score
Quit your whining and start exercising. October is just around the corner.....LOL

Top Bottom