• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

have a question for y'all, Sighting in a rifle

jindydiver

While I'm not saying it's imposible to bunge your rifle to your sled it's a good idea to know what your gun will do if your barrel is floated and you hold it down. Pay the money for your ammo and shoot it. It sucks to drop the money but it's better than spending $200 buck on gas supplies and other stuff to miss your shot when you have it and go home empty handed.
The deal with clamping the rifle isn't about it being the end of sighting in your rifle, it is a shortcut that allows you to center your next group more easily without wasting any ammo walking it in. And you don't ever shoot it clamped down, you only clamp it to move your crosshairs onto your group.

shoot-it

If your dead on at 25 yards you will be shooting 3'' high at 100 yards.Its true test it I have my own range and have sight in many hunters rifles.Then from one yards you can lower your shots to what ever you want.

Top Bottom