Have you missed the Spinning Wing Decoy

Duck Assassin

Reaction score
Most hunters seem to have done well opening day. I shot at San Luis on Sunday mostly Teal flying. Do you think you would have done better with the Spinning Wing Decoy.

DuckDestroyer

Reaction score
It may have helped, but I for one didn't mind at all being able to enjoy the sights and sounds of the marsh without them spinners everywhere. I am all for a total ban. I am no purist but I think they are to much of a distraction.

Megadeth

Reaction score
Dec 1st, should be interesting what happens in the marsh.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Illegal to use them in PA... in case you're ever duck hunting in PA.

Todd

Ponscm

Reaction score
Don't own one and don't miss them one bit...But on a good note, come December first it will be easier to spot which holes are taken when you are walking out mid-morning.  Everone that has been sucked into the "magic of the moto" better use 'em while you can, I don't suspect they will be legal in CA many more seasons.

Spec

Reaction score
Not just no but Hell no I will never miss them!!

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Never used one, and they will no doubt be gone next year.

But, I do admit that I do use movement decoys - a tipper that vibrates and creates a small ripple and I know guys that use the wigglers in their decoys.

After reading the CWA magazine that just came out, it looks like they may want a total ban on anything like those as well.

I understand the need for no moto...But, I do not see anything wrong with a decoy that creates a small ripple just to give some movement to the water, and I hope they do not outlaw those.

grizz

Reaction score
All electronices or none, if their going to ban some ban them all.  You want movement on the water, make a jerk line.  

hntndux

Reaction score
Not one bit.  I've definetly done better without them.  Now my taking 6-10 dozen decoys out and decent(IMO) calling actually means something again.

Top Bottom