Having problems copying link page

huntnfool13

Reaction score
Hey guys. I can't seem to copy a link to a post. When I'm on a website page I right click, than click copy. When I go to e-mail that page and click paste I have no problems, you can click on it and it will take you there, but when I try to start a topic or post a link on Jesses, it just comes up the web page letters and numbers in black ink. You can't click on it to take you there. I hope this makes sense. Any help will do, Thanks HUNTNFOOL13

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
When you want to embed a link, you need to use the Link Tool Button. It takes you through two steps. It will ask you for the web address to use for the link first, then the text that you want displayed.

[attachment=51526:link_tool_button.jpg]

Attachments

huntnfool13

Reaction score
Thanks Belchfire. Man, this computer garb is frustrating! I still can't figure this out. I tried everything on the test page but I still cannot get the link to be something you can just click on. When I have a link ready to paste where do I go from there? What do I do first? I don't know the two steps. Can you walk me through it? Thanks for your help! HUNTNFOOL

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Sure. Copy the URL from your browser as you have already learned to do. Then come here and click on ADDREPLY and begin to build your message.

When you get to the point you want to add the link, click on the green Link Tool Button I have shown above and a pop-up window will appear asking for the complete URL. Right-click and past the URL from your clipboard, then click OK. Another pop-up will appear asking what TEXT you want associated with the link. You can either paste the link there so that it looks like a normal URL when displayed in your message, or you can enter something like "The Official huntnfool13 Fan Club Page" so that the URL gibberish isn't shown. Finally, click OK to close that pop-up and you should see a long HTML code that shows your link imbedded in your message. It won't be clickable until you "Preview Message" or "Post Message".

And that's really all there is to it.

huntnfool13

Reaction score
Thanks alot Belchfire. I think I have it now. My wifes company is based in Dalton. They are always making my wife offers to transfer there, but she says she can't leave sunny So. Cal. I'm still trying to convince her that I could have so much more fun hunting year round there than I do here. But she's not buying it. Is the hunting there really as good as it looks? Thanks again, HUNTNFOOL13

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
You certainly won't be hunting any elk in GA. I've never hunted CA, so I can't really compare, but we have Whitetail, Turkey, Hogs (that get BIG), Quail, Dove, and a whole slew of lesser stuff like squirrels, and some varmits like coons. Then there's the Altamaha river, the largest river east of the Mississippi. and OODLES of man-made lakes with some massive hybrid bass, crappies, and catfish.

I wouldn't call Georgia a sportsman's paradise like I would Alaska or Mexico, but the weather is a lot like CA without the desert and the cold nights. You might opt for a visit before you commit. Dalton is part of "Atlanta", so any way you cut it, you either live in the city, or you commute. And a commute out of Atlanta is a long commute as Atlanta is spreading like Kudzu.

Advertisement

Top Bottom