Hawk eye Jr.

boothla

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the hawk eye Jr. or the company Game country?

I purchase on of these units in september of last year and as of this tread have not taken any sucessful pictures. The first problem was the cone angle was to wide, shot a roll of film with no animals. After playing with the unit inside Ireduced the opening of the IR sensor with duct tape. After this I returned the unit to the woods and shot up some more film and noticed that there was some black photos with only the time and date in the corner. After playing inside with the unit inside and studying the times on the photos I determined that after the unit set for about 20 minutes with no activity the first picture  taken would have no flash. On dec.10, I returned the unit to Game-country with a letter explaining what was goining on. I also had talked with their tecs. on the phone several times. (they have no 800 number so calls were long distance)

On Dec. 22 I called to check the camera status, they had no record of receiving it, but said they would check on it and call me back. I said to leave word on my answering machine as I was going out of town. As of Jan 2, no message on machine so, another longdistance phone call was made and was told the unit was on its way back to me. on Jan 4 I received the unit and put it back in the woods and shot up some more film. The cone angle had been corrected but the flash poblem had not after some more longdistance calls the unit was return (this time return receite) they received the unit Jan 28.On feb 23, sent E-mail to check  the status, No response. Feb 28, I called and was told they were working on it. Around mid march I called again and was told they were going to send me a new unit and it was going out the following Monday UPS. after a week and a half I called again and was told that they had no record of it being shipped but  that the owner of the company was handling my problem and may have sent it parcel post. April 11 I received the new camera UPS. Since then I shot three rolls of film. On the first roll I noticed flash bleed over washing out the photos so I corrected the problem with weather stripping. on the second roll I set the delay at 12 min. and let the camera set and walked infront of it to record the time the unit was put out the next 17 pictures were at 12 min. intervals with nothing in front of the camera. after about 25 min. the camera took up the rest of the roll at 12 min intervals. Yesterday, I set the timer to 6 min and put the unit out at 9 am at 10:31 it begin taking random pictures at any where from 6 to 25 min apart and shot a 24 exp. roll of film by 4:35 pm

Today I spoke with game country at lenght their suggestion was for me to return the unit to Bass Pro for a refund which Bass Pro is willing to do. But my problem is todate I have spent $97.50 in film, processing and return postage.(and God knows how much in long distance phone calls). As we stand right now Game country is only willing to replace the 10 rolls of film I have used.

If you have had problems with Game-country products please reply to this message. Or E-mail Me at boothla@mindspring.com

thanks,

Dbworld

Reaction score
I'm glad I make my own...I've never had that many problems (yet).

bat

Reaction score
Sorry boothla about all your bad luck, makes you proud you found this site doesn't it?  Thanks again Jesses and the rest......you are the greatest!  bat

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Boothla, I hope you will be able to make a good cam from all the info here. These guys are great with their help and knowlege. If you need anything on building your own cam post it here and you will get help. Glad you are here. MC.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mcinil

RSB

Reaction score
I am glad I found this site before I spent the money on one of the factory units. Thanks to Jesse and all the other members for all the help. My one so for is working fine, just can't put in the deer woods till the fall. By that time I should have the second one made.
Boothla, you should be able to make one from this site, good luck.

jayber

Reaction score
I can't understand how some people/companies can operate with such poor customer service......and it's happening all over the place!!  Unfortunately for you boothla, you were on the receiving end of it.  Hopefully you can get a refund and reimbursement for your film, but I'd be happy with that.  Others might wipe their hands clean after a sale.

Lew

Reaction score
To bad about your problems.  I bought a Camtrakker several years ago for $430 and it works fine, however, I now build better units for $100.  To all the contibutors that have given me information on building trail cameras, THANKS, this has been a fun project and a learning experience.  Can't wait for the Fall to see what might be in the woods that I never see.  Lew

gizz

Reaction score
I had to deal with game country a couple months ago when I lost my instructions for setting the game feeder timer. I was only a couple pages long and thanks to Curtiss from Jesse's BBS I was able to get the instrucs. Game Country wanted something like $7 to send me the instrucs! It's a very good feeder but the company does not seem to interested in return customers - Just my opinion of course.

Top Bottom