Head of Missouri Department of Conservation to retire.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
3/4/02

By BILL GRAHAM, The Kansas City Star

Jerry Conley is retiring as director of the Missouri Department of Conservation after a five-year tenure in which he led a reorganization of the agency and set new priorities.

The agency announced the retirement Thursday. Conley, 60, said he plans to return to Idaho, where he previously directed the state's fish and wildlife agency. Conley also directed the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks from 1977 to 1980.

His retirement will be effective July 1.

"I've been looking for a good time to retire, and I think the department is in really good shape now," Conley said.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
3/4/02

By BILL GRAHAM, The Kansas City Star

Jerry Conley is retiring as director of the Missouri Department of Conservation after a five-year tenure in which he led a reorganization of the agency and set new priorities.

The agency announced the retirement Thursday. Conley, 60, said he plans to return to Idaho, where he previously directed the state's fish and wildlife agency. Conley also directed the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks from 1977 to 1980.

His retirement will be effective July 1.

"I've been looking for a good time to retire, and I think the department is in really good shape now," Conley said.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
I heard a MDC veteran grumbling about how Conley came into office with $40 million tucked away in a rainy day fund and left the office with $0.

Coincidentally there is a movement underway to put a sunshine clause on the sales tax. The voters would have to reapprove it every four or ten years. I doubt it will ever see the light of day, but if it does, the MDC can just about count on losing their $80? million in tax revenue.

(Edited by Matt in MO at 8:26 am on April 16, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Seems like I heard the head of the Law-inforcement side of the department will be the next director but not sure.

It peaved me a little when Jerry Conley bragged that he got the department in good shape now so he's leaving!

Top Bottom