Headed for Bishop

D Sea

Reaction score
My wife and Son are taking me to Bishop this weekend for a fathers day camping trip.  Couldn't have asked for anything better.  I'll post a report when we get back.  Fishing with a 2 year old should be good for a story or two.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
D Sea- where are you staying? I'll be at the Intake II campground in a green F250 extra cab. There'll probably be a camo johnboat in the back.(or on the lake) Look for the JHP sticker. I hope we cross paths!             Scott

P.S. I'll be rolling in Friday afternoon.

docramo

Reaction score
DSea
Just got back from fishing a 2 day tourney @Lake Crowley on Fri. + Sat.. Caught browns up to 2.8 lbs and rainbows to 2.4. Mainly trolling Lead core 4+ colors with Rapalas, needlefish + thomas bouyents. Try 42 feet of depth in all the usual places.GOOD LUCK !

D Sea

Reaction score
Scott,

We'll probably stay in 4 Jeffries, but that isn't a sure thing yet.  Plan to fish Intake II, so I'll look for you.  

Doc,

We won't make it as far as Crowley on this trip.  I'm headed up in a few weeks with a bunch of guys from church, and we'll see what trouble we can get into at Crowley then.  Thanks for the tips, I have only fly fished crowley but my buddy just got a boat so trolling for the big ones may be on the agenda in the future.

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
D Sea;
Good luck fishing out there, nothing beats fishing the Sierras with your son, that should be a great father/son experience, bring back some stories and pictures to post.

docramo

Reaction score
Dsea
Good luck fishing the Sierra's
May be up there around the 4th of July ...not sure yet.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
How'd it go for you D Sea? We tried to get into Intake II campground, but it was full. So we ended up at Bishop Park. We fished Intake Fri. night and it was pretty slow. Fished North Lake the rest of the weekend. Caught lots of fish. My son caught his first brown and brookie, and I caught my first brookie. All in all a great weekend.(except when my son snagged my nephew through the lip with a #16 treble hook.) Too bad we didn't cross paths...                                         Scott

D Sea

Reaction score
Scott,

We looked for you at Intake II a couple of times, I told my wife that I thought you probably couldn't find a spot there.  

I personally didn't fish a whole lot on this trip.  My 2 1/2 year old boy got to catch his first fish on this trip.  Seeing the look on his face when he reeled it in was priceless, and from that point on my trip was complete.  We saw a couple of nice fish landed at Intake II, probably went 3 - 4 lbs each, but nothing but DFG stocker for us.  I'll post a pic or to once I get them back and scanned.

Too bad we missed you.  I saw a truck with a camoed jon boat on the back pull through the 4 Jeffrey campground Saturday afternoon, but I didn't get over to the road in time to see if it was maybe you.

I'm headed back up the middle of next month, this time with a group of guys from church.  I'll do a lot more fishing then.

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
D sea:
It sounds like you had a great time with your son, let's see some of those pictures...

grtwythunter

Reaction score
D Sea-  that was me. I was hoping to see a JHP sticker. Maybe next time.....Congrats to your son.                    Scott

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom