Heading to Carrizo

gridley hunter

Reaction score
Im heading out to carrizo for my first time in two weeks and i was wondering if anyone knew of the best roads to take or areas to hunt for some coyotes. i just got a new 30-06 that i want to try out before deer season and a new savage 17 that i have been waiting to use on some squirrels. the 06 is a little bit of an overkill but i thought what the heck. if someone could give me a tip or two it would really help out.

easymoney

Reaction score
Do a back search and you will find lots of discussion on hunting in the Carrizo Plains.

gridley hunter

Reaction score
are there any good places to hunt coyotes and squirrels around palmdale because that sames like a good place to shoot too

gridley hunter

Reaction score
i heard that there is some blm just east of palmdale that is actually kern county

easymoney

Reaction score
Most all of the public land (in fact most all land period)in CA has coyotes but the pressure is high and being able to call and hunt unmolested is the key... Someone has already been to all the secret spots, so one must adapt...

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Gridley, in general, anytime the closer to a major town or city you are the worse the hunting is going to be; the only possible exception being shotgun only areas.

As Heath stated, Carrizo gets hunted VERY hard. Along with this normally being the most difficult time of year to hunt / least productive. A couple of major roads are Elkhorn & Soda Lake.

BLM & Forestry maps show public lands, roads and such and are nearly a must

Good Luck

Frank

Top Bottom