Heading to Charlotte, NWTF Convention

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Hey guys if anyone is going to be in Charlotte this Saturday  and would care to do a little meet and greet. Let's try and meet at the Knight & Hale Booth. If you don't know Tim Herald introduce yourself and let him know who you are. Tim is a great guy. I'm shooting for being there about 10:00am.

Looking forward to it.

Jerry
aka Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Reaction score
The show was incredible. The artwork, callmakers, taxidermists do and incredible job. If you ever get the oppourtunity to get to one, do it.

Awesome.

shortyscalls

Reaction score
I was there and agree...the convention was awesome! Did you get a chance to see any of the Decorative Turkey calls? I had several calls in the competition. The competition gets bigger and better every year!

shorty

Possum

Reaction score
Shorty, What calls did you enter?  Also, Arrowhead, I got Tim's book.  He sure tells it like it is.  Would you believe I didn't think I was going and got to go Friday at the last minute.  I forgot to ask for the Yankee from New York since I was so happy to be there.  Is that Tim?

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Possum, the Yankee from NY is named Chuck, cannot think of his last name. Tim Was at the booth. Did you get him to sign your book? I bought three more for friends and relitives. I have a nephew I want to read it.

He is a nice guy and a darn good writer too.

The show was spectacular, glad you got to go.

Shory, I looked at all those calls in the competition and my hat's off to all the artist's.

Possum

Reaction score
Yes, I got Tim to sign his book. He is an excellent writer and he allows the reader to experience the event with his recollection of the hunt.  Gee, I ought to start critiquing books. LOL  I've really enjoyed it so far.

I kind of figured Ctawny was Chuck.  I don't know how I figured it out, but through his posts I kind of got that impression.  We are talking about the cameraman Chuck, right? (is it Chuck Jones??) I just want to say that all the turkey guys - Knight & Hale, Primos, Realtree, Mark & Terry Drury, H.S. Strut, Quaker Boy, Lohman...were super nice to the kids.  I have never seen in any other sport  that treated the kids this good.   I hope the NWTF promotes the children more and more.    

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I wish I could have seen all them custom calls. I'm going to try and make Memphis next year since it's just a hop down from my parent's house in St. Louis. Any of you guys heading there next year?

Any idea who I would talk to at NWTF for a press/media pass?

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Possum >> Yeah, Tim makes it seem like your right there with him. Not sure of Chuck's last name. There might have been two of them there. One taller guy with dark hair, I thought a friend of mine was talking to him about filming. Then there was another guy named Chuck behind the counter. Shorter bout 5'6" or so. Don't really know either one but I did introduce myself to the Yankee.

Spec >> I'll see if I can get a name from our RD regarding the pass. The NC crew was heavily involved helping out.

I wish I would have taken pic's of all the call's. I looked like a tourist at Disney. Had my backpack, camera all kinds of stuff. I asked Dick Kirby to sign one of my turtle shell calls and he did it up right. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

(Edited by Arrowhead at 5:54 am on Feb. 27, 2002)

Possum

Reaction score
Spectr, dyoung@nwtf.net  His name is Danny Young and he can either help or point you in the right direction.  I serve on a banquet committee with him and he works in Aiken at the NWTF.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Spectr17,I plan on going next year. My mother lives in Memphis. I went to the one a couple of years ago at Opryland in Nashville. It was great. I just couldn't get off work to go to Charlotte this year.

tomturkey

Reaction score
Say guys, next year the convention will be back in Nashville, not Memphis. As for a press/media pass, Tammy Bristow is VP of communications and may be the best place to start. Danny would certainly be helpful but would most likely direct you to her anyway.

Now let me see if I can clear up the Chuck debate. Ctwny1 is Chuck Tirrano. He wa at the K&H booth and is indeed the short one. He ain't seen 5'6" in his lifetime. LOL

The Yankee is also from NY but he didn't work in the booth. I did not get to meet him but do know that he's a moderator on the TSO turkey forum.

The dark haired tall guy named Chuck is the one who does filming for K&H and if I weren't trying to think of his last name, I could tell ya that too!!

Hope this helps some.

tomturkey

shortyscalls

Reaction score
Well guys I had 6 calls at Charlotte and I got 4 ribbons! I was pretty happy about how I did!  I got a 1st place in the Duck and Goose Open Division
2nd place in the Carved boxcall
3rd place in the Locator Division
Honorable Mention in the Terrapin Shell
I also had a entry in the Best Overall Presentation it didn't ribbon , but it was the first call sold at silent auction...for the buy out price. I don't know if any of you guys saw it...it was the old single shot  shotgun with the slate inlet into the stock, and the strutting tom carved around the slate.
shorty

Latest Posts

Top Bottom