Hears a story for you guys

upperEA

Reaction score
Ok here we go. I got out of work this morning at seven and went home well I couldn't sleep so the wife said why don't you go fishing (god I love that gal) So off I go with the new boat to the big lake well I get to the boat launch and see my old sargent from work who is now retired, After waiting for about 25 minutes to get my boat in because everyone was done fishing. The salmon bite kinda slow when it's sunny out. well my sarg holds the rope while I launch and drive my truck up to park. So I get to the dock and BS with him for about 20 minutes, when all of a sudden he sayes "I see you forgot to put the plug in your boat" sure enough the engine well and about three inches of the back full of water
Well my billge pump quite working so back to the truck I go to pull my boat out of the water to drain it. 20 minutes later I'm back in the water
I punch in my way point for our secret spot get about .5 mi from it and drop my first rod down at 10:30am I start heading for my way point and getting my speed right when I look back and one of my poles is going crazy. this was at 10:34 so now I have one hand on the rod and the other trying to reel up the down riggers and other pole. I finaly land a nice 14 pounder. So back down the rods go. I turn around because I passed my way point and BAM right on my way point another fish same deal as last time. This one was a good 12 pounder
it's now 10:50. Once again I'm past my way point from the other direction so around I go. No sooner got turned and my rod tip is almost touching the water I grab the rod and whatever it is on the other end won't move all of a sudden the reel starts screaming like a banshee. This is a big one . So now I'm trying to pull up the down riggers so he won't wrap around them You have to understand that I have manual hand crank downriggers so there I am holding the rod in both hands and trying to stop the downrigger from unreeling with my butt cheek well he makes a hard run around the back of the boat when I turn to follow You guessed it the downrigger handle sliped from my butt check and as I turned hit me right in the NA-NA's Oh ya that hurt
Ok so there I was in agony, no chance of ever having kids again, and a fish that must have seen Jaws or was a cozicomi in his former life because he heads strait for the boat. I am reeling as fast as I can and making little head way not sure if it was being tired from the other to fish or the blow to the nuts at one point I almost lit a cigarette and accidently burned the line but when I got a good look at him I had to beat this fish or die trying. I see him swim past the boat we looked at each other like lets call it a draw.. I finaly get him next to the boat and miss him with the net the first time here we go agian now he knows I mean business so there goes another 100 yard of line while forever minutes later and I get him in the net. Now he weighed 21 pounds but when I tried to get him over the gunwall of the boat he felt like 2,100. It's now 11:07 and I'm headed back to shore with my limit of salmon. All the day before the tourneyment we entered with first place being $3,000. My luck I'll get skunked.... Moral to the story when downrigger fishing by yourself use electric downriggers or wear a cup... I attached a picture of the fish I now affectionatly call the nuttly brothers or supper for short..

Attachments

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Upper,

Great story and great advice
Way to go with the fish, today was one of those days that no one will believe!

Good luck tomoroow, hopefully they are back on your spot!

MIB

upperEA

Reaction score
I'm Finaly home what a long weekend. 24 hours fishing in two dayes
. Well good news and bad. Bad news we didn't win in the tourneyment missed placeing in the trout portion by 3 oz
We had a 7lb 9oz steel head. Good news We caught tons of fish but nothing over 20 pounds the winner was 26lbs 3oz, 4th place was 23 even. We caught around 30 fish in both days I have a cooler full of fillets to smoke I figure around 100 pounds or so. I was to tired to even take pictures I wish I would have gotten some of our saturday catch it was something to see we had 6 at 19 pounds.Anyway theres always next year

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Upper,

Sounds like it was fun though. Tough on missing out of the money by 3 oz's!!!!

I bet those bear are going to be happy this fall up till that slug comes down range

MIB

Latest Posts

Top Bottom