Heaven help us

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Heard on the news last night that 'ol Tipper is seriously considering moving to CA to run for senator. I didn't hear which one of our current gun haters she wants to replace, but no matter what it ain't gonna be a good thing!!! Keep your eyes peeled for more info.       Scott

Kickaha

Reaction score
I don't believe it's in CA, but in Tennessee.

Clinton and Gore may be teaming up again to work side by side in a new political effort that could give Republicans nightmares. No, not Bill and Al. This time the new Clinton-Gore team could be Hillary and Tipper.

Mrs. Gore is reportedly considering following in Mrs. Clinton's footsteps with her own run for the U.S. Senate, as enthusiastic Democrats urge her to consider a bid to fill the vacancy left by retiring Tennessee Republican Fred Thompson.

Sources close to the former second lady have confirmed Mrs. Gore's interest, the Associated Press said late Thursday.

If she ran and won Thompson's seat, Gore would become only the second executive branch spouse in American history to win elective office in her own right - right behind Hillary Clinton.

One of the sources told the AP that Mrs. Gore was committed to public service and believes she owes it to herself to give some thought to the Senate bid.

Speaking on deep background, a Democratic operative close to the Gores revealed that Tipper had received "a handful of overtures" from Tennessee Democrats urging her to make the run. Mrs. Gore is said to be taking their suggestions under advisement.

However, the same source told the AP that such a move would go against Tipper's grain, "given her tendency to shrink from the limelight during the presidential campaign and her general unease about the national political process."

Still, that Mrs. Gore did not flatly reject the idea is considered "telling," the Gore insider said.

Gore family spokesman Jano Cabrera said Thursday that Mrs. Gore was in California and could not be reached for comment.

(Edited by Kickaha at 7:07 am on Mar. 16, 2002)

Dakota

Reaction score
Having Tipper run would be great for conservatives. GW has made many converts of the former Gore supporters.  Tipper also has wilted under the little scrutiny she received from journalists.  They usually lob softball questions.  Also have you heard her reaction to the Yates conviction?  She said she was "Horrified" that Yates was convicted.  I would love to see her run.  It would mean keeping a Repubican seat in the Senate.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
  Hope I did misunderstand about it being CA she wanted to represent. I didn't think it could get worse than what we've already got speaking for us.
 Regardless of where she tries it I hope she is a miserable failure!     Scott

Dakota

Reaction score
It is the Tennesee Senate seat they are after.  Boxer and Finestein aren't going anywhere until we throw them out.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom