Heavi-Shot, anybody use it yet?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Well, we've touched on the Kent shells already, anybody use any of the Hevy-Shot shells yet? https://www.hevishot.com/home.html

I've used the Heavy-Shot turkey loads and they are impressive. I patterned some 12 ga. 1  5/8 oz. 4, 5 and 6  shot in 2 3/4" " . The pattern is so tight on these shells out of my Rem 870 with a 28" barrel that I had to go back to a standard full choke instead of my Super Full choke to get the pattern to open up enough at 40 yards. 3" shells are supposed to be out this month. Price for 2  3/4" are about $1.75 a shell, right there with Kent or Bismouth prices.

The one complaint I have heard is that some guys are saying the shot scratched up some chokes and barrels. I examined my chokes and barrel aftter 2 boxes of shells and didn't see anything worth getting excited about.

I didn't get to whack a turkey with them but I tried the 4 and 5s out on some pidgeons and rabbits. The stuff penetrates as good or better than lead even. Shooting phone books and plywood with this stuff blows steel away.

Anybody else shoot any yet?

BigDog

Reaction score
Thanks buddy! One more thing for me to save up my pennies for.....lol

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
I hadn't heard of it... What's the composition?  I am always trying new loads to get back to the lead performance days.  I have used Bismuth and Tungsten/Iron and liked both of those.  Don't like the price though.  I shoot quite a few shells during a waterfowl season and that stuff could bankrupt you.  I'm mainly looking for goose loads that will make my 20 guage more effective.

HNTR

Latest Posts

Top Bottom