Hello, California? You guys need to set a precedent here....

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Joined
Sep 5, 2002
Messages
9,607
Reaction score
156
You guys (voters, not politicians) need to set a precedent here. Since the state is going to start issuing IOU's, you need a grass roots movement and a mass riot to force the legislators to accept the IOU's as their personal compensation until all other IOU's are paid off. If they can't pay anyone else, they shouldn't be paid themselves. That's the way it works in private business and it changes the way the business is run. Time to pay the fiddler for them too.

:far-side-guy-yellin This makes me MAD, and I'm not even a resident of California.

Cash-strapped California sets interest rate on "IOUs" - Yahoo! News
 

FoCoHugh

JHO Team Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
19
You would be surprised how stupid those in Sacramento can be!
 

pbrdog

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
1
They can't be that stupid. They're the ones getting paid for doing nothing and keep getting elected. I doubt if they're worried at all because they know they'll get reelected again too.
 

Caninelaw

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
66
They can't be that stupid. They're the ones getting paid for doing nothing and keep getting elected. I doubt if they're worried at all because they know they'll get reelected again too.
Yeah, they're not that stupid...most of them are from la-la land though. As for them getting re-elected well, the problem is the majority of the population lives in either L.A., S.F. or a few selected liberal costal enclaves. If you look at an election map of California about 80% of the land area votes Republican and Conservative, the other 20% votes the other way but the problem is that 20% has the 55% of voters that vote the other way...a good example is the 2004 Presidential election.

2004 Presidential General Election Results - California

I guarantee you I, and just about everyone I know, didn't vote for a one of them.

If you look at the map you'll see what I said is true. Although all that land area went for Bush what were the results of the actual California vote in 2004? Kerry 54.31% and Bush 44.36%.

(And yes, I didn't use 2008 on purpose because I believe that was an anomaly since so many people were ticked off at Bush combined with the fact that the Republicans really didn't have a decent candidate either)
 
Last edited:

dirtpoor

Forever Hunting
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
800
Reaction score
18
let me get this straight, you think the state that outlawed mt lion hunting in spite of evidence that they should be controlled , made copper bullets mandatory to save a limited species that should have been extinct 20 yrs ago in spite of virtually no physical evidence to tie lead bullets to their demise( not counting intended projectiles ) and still wants to make gay marriage the order of the day despite 2 votes the other way , has the highest sales tax and vehicle registration in the US to stand up for ourselves ? not a chance, we're an "OH Well" society, unless of course we are members of a vocal minority that gets things done , we unfortunatly are mostly members of the silent majority, the same type of majority that allowed a few nazis to eliminate thousands of jews
 

Caninelaw

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
66
not a chance, we're an "OH Well" society, unless of course we are members of a vocal minority that gets things done , we unfortunatly are mostly members of the silent majority, the same type of majority that allowed a few nazis to eliminate thousands of jews
Unfortunately, as I pointed out in my prior post, the "nazis" outnumber us in this case.
 

Common Sense

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
10,628
Reaction score
192
Yeah, they're not that stupid...most of them are from la-la land though. As for them getting re-elected well, the problem is the majority of the population lives in either L.A., S.F. or a few selected liberal costal enclaves. If you look at an election map of California about 80% of the land area votes Republican and Conservative, the other 20% votes the other way but the problem is that 20% has the 55% of voters that vote the other way...a good example is the 2004 Presidential election.

2004 Presidential General Election Results - California

I guarantee you I, and just about everyone I know, didn't vote for a one of them.

If you look at the map you'll see what I said is true. Although all that land area went for Bush what were the results of the actual California vote in 2004? Kerry 54.31% and Bush 44.36%.

(And yes, I didn't use 2008 on purpose because I believe that was an anomaly since so many people were ticked off at Bush combined with the fact that the Republicans really didn't have a decent candidate either)


Amen brother Caninelaw. You hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!
 

Common Sense

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
10,628
Reaction score
192
you need a grass roots movement and a mass riot to force the legislators to accept the IOU's as their personal compensation until all other IOU's are paid off. If they can't pay anyone else, they shouldn't be paid themselves. That's the way it works in private business and it changes the way the business is run. Time to pay the fiddler for them too.

They have issued vouchers in the past, and if memory serves me, the legislators didn't get a pay check until the state stopped issuing vouchers. However, it don't really matter. Cause anyone rich enough to be legislator is smart enough to find lots of ways to get lots of money. The salary only matters to the honest legislators (now lets see, how many honest ones are there?).
 

easymoney

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
10,523
Reaction score
98
the honest legislators (now lets see, how many honest ones are there?). <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
You know of one?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
 

easymoney

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
10,523
Reaction score
98
What California lawmakers are debating while Sacramento burns

We’ve criticized Arnold Schwarzenegger often here for his stewardship of California, and for good reason, but give the man his due — he’s right about this. While California’s credit dissolves into a puddle of red ink and while the state’s IOUs threaten to bankrupt businesses and kill jobs, what is the state legislature debating? Cow tails. No, Arnold’s not joking:
This, however, captures in a nutshell what exactly ails California. They’re wasting time on trivialities and attempting to solve a problem that doesn’t exist while adding to the one that does. This scene shows them adding even more law-enforcement responsibilities to a state overburdened with them and which can’t pay to enforce the myriad laws they already have. You hear clearly that the scourge of tail-lopping is so small as to be hardly worth the state’s effort, but that doesn’t stop the legislators from passing a law to criminalize the activity.
I’d love to see these people explain why they’re debating cow tails while the state issues IOUs. They’re making the entire state government look like what’s below the cow’s tail, and unfortunately for Californians, not for the first time.

Hot Air Blog Archive Video: What California lawmakers are debating while Sacramento burns

You have to watch the vid, it's hillarious and it's shows exactly just why we are in trouble here in CA...
Makes anarchy look very appealing...
 

hank4elk

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
990
Reaction score
6
let me get this straight, you think the state that outlawed mt lion hunting in spite of evidence that they should be controlled , made copper bullets mandatory to save a limited species that should have been extinct 20 yrs ago in spite of virtually no physical evidence to tie lead bullets to their demise( not counting intended projectiles ) and still wants to make gay marriage the order of the day despite 2 votes the other way , has the highest sales tax and vehicle registration in the US to stand up for ourselves ? not a chance, we're an "OH Well" society, unless of course we are members of a vocal minority that gets things done , we unfortunatly are mostly members of the silent majority, the same type of majority that allowed a few nazis to eliminate thousands of jews
Too dumb to care for most part,they don't even realize that the militia that is supposed to keep us free from tyranny at home and abroad is ...all abroad. It's CA man..Misfit Jackson ,now that is important to most residents...pathetic. No One that is in Leg.or Gubernators office deseve any compensation. They have not lived up to their MOU's
 

Tinknocker101

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
276
Reaction score
6
The leading California politicians are inept. The policy’s/laws they pass reward failure (illegals, prisoners & slackers) and punish achievement (private businesses and hard working citizens). A true recipe for the financial disaster CA is in. Many native Californians are moving out and the illegal immigrants just keep coming in droves. Amazing our leaders can’t figure out a cure. :confused:
 

Latest Posts

Top Bottom