Hello from Germany

BigDog

Reaction score
Just thought I would say hello and good morning (Guten Morgen) from Germany. The wife and I are spending our days visiting various castles, churches, markets and museums. The weather is a killer here. Over 90 degrees and 90 perscent humidity every day. Thunderstorms like you wouldn't believe about every other afternoon. Good reason for sitting in a cafe and drinking another good beer. I haven't found one yet that I didn't like.
We are taking a slow day today. Doing some laundry, catching up on naps, just resting up for the last few days touring. Tomorrow, we are headed to cologne to see more sights. Friday, we are taking the bullet train north early in the morning and then taking a river boat back down the Rhine river making lots of stops to sightsee. We have a prepaid ticket that allows us to get off and back on at any or all of the 17 different stops.
Saturday, we will go back into Franfurt to do some gift shopping and then Sunday, we get on the plane for home.

Anyhow, that is how we are using our "stimulus checks".

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip. Those castles in So Ger No France look unbelievable. I will make it there one day no doubt. Enjoy that trip, take lots of pics, and bring me back a stein, or a "We got flattened by the US Military and all we got was thes lousy T-Shirts" t-shirt.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
That's really cool Dave! You've gotta drink Koelsch while in Cologne!!! Great beer that originated in that area...was one of my favorites in Germany.

I hope you get to the Jazz Quarter of Dusseldorf if you're in Cologne...not that far away. I used to live in Bochum so I've got some good memories of that region.

CAhntr

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm with Rodney, we need pics.
Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Eric

BigDog

Reaction score
I am using a friend's computer which is not "up to date standards" so I will post lots of pics when we get home.

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
Sounds like lots of fun. I definitely second (or third I think) the request for pictures. It's always fun to see where people have been.

GSG

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Vie gehts?

Du gehen Heidelberg Castle? It's the schnitzle

fossilman

Reaction score
Yes the Heidelberg Castle is the best.....Sitting on the banks of the Rhine and watching the fireworks going off in the castle(summer months)...
Also Frankensteins Castle in the Darmstadt area.............

Brian S

Reaction score
Try Paulaner weizen, the original not the one with bubbles. I spent a week working in Bielefeld in NRW (North Rhine-Westfalia)last year. I'd love to go back, I have to work on selling another machine out there.
Brian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom