Hello need some cam help

Kodiak1976

Reaction score
hello everyone i got the MSR20 sensor from walmart and i was told that it uses more power than the one from radio shack and will take photos of things out of range etc i was wondering since i had to put in the 9 volt relay will 3 9 volt batteries power it fine, or can i just use one and if i have to use more than one 9 volt battery how do i wire it up all the back wires together and all the red together  also i heard some good things and bad things about the MSR20 sensor but since this is my first cam build i quess it will do for now

Steiner

Reaction score
Kodiak,
Your right, you want to connect all of the black wires together and all of the red wires together.  This is known as a parallel connection.  The voltage will remain at 9 volts (when new) but with 3 batteries the system will last 3 times as long as with 1 battery.

gizz

Reaction score
You should get about 2 weeks(or maybe a little less) per 9V bat but temperature and battery condition will also have an affect on the time you get.
2 batt's in parallel - 4 week, 3 batt's = 6 weeks, etc.
Might want to think ahead a bit and decide how often you'll be checking your cam's and plan your battery swaps accordingly. This will help you decide how many batt's you want to wire in parallel...just a thought.

Top Bottom