Help Finding Preference Point

socalkid

Reaction score
I went on the DFG website to confirm I got my point. This is my first year in the drawing. I wrote "PD" on the application to get a point like it said.

A few days ago I get the letter from the fish and game saying I was unsuccesfull in the drawing and may choose an Issued On Request tag. I assume that's supposed to happen?

Anyway when I go to confirm my point (and check the Elk draw) it asks for last name and Driver's License, DMV ID or DFGID. I'm a junior hunter and I don't have a driver's license, and I'm not sure what the DFGID is? So how can I check the draw results or where do I get a DFGID? This might be a really stupid question so bring on the stupid answers :confused:

subfan

Reaction score
Kid,

Did you get a packet from DFG or you get the app and such from a vendor? If you got it in the mail from DFG, look at the labels they sent you. If no luck there, you can either e-mail DFG or give them a call.

socalkid

Reaction score
I bought the tag app from Big 5 so no labels there.

But the letter I got in the mail from them has labels with two diff sets of numbers. One is my hunting license and the other starts with DA followed by 8 digits. Is this the DFGID? It says no entries found when I enter it. I'll call the Fish and Game later.

buckspotter

Reaction score
They won't update your points for a couple of months. That 8 digit # is probably your DFG ID #. It will work for you when they update the pp's.

Just use the 8 digits(no DA) and try again on the draw results, you should get something there. Let us know & good luck!

cc93cruiser

Reaction score
Kid-
I did the same thing you did for my 1st deer tag, I put in PD for my 1st choice.. I have been to the DFG website and it says the same thing for me -no interies found.. I am pretty sure it is a matter of them updating them.. If it is still not up in a month or 2, then I will call them for sure.. Just be patient...

Forked Horn

Reaction score
Per DFG on this topic "points will not be updated until September". They assure me I received my point, and it would show on the computer after the September update....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom