Help getting a state stamp and draw cards

Capt Sport

Reaction score
Well, in typical fashion Turner's Pasadena has let me down again. I don't know why I even go there anymore.

But anyway, I need to get my state stamp and draw cards for the up coming season and was wondering if someone could point me to another place to get them in the Pasadena area since Turner's has resorted to hiring the handi-capped. (mental that is)

The genius working there tried to tell me that the state stamps won't be out until 3 days before season. And, when I asked if they had draw cards yet, she looked at me with a blank stare and said wwwhhaaaattttt.
I realize they might not be available yet but 3 days before season? How stupid.

Thanks in advance for your help,

jr

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
CWA has the state stamp.

I hop around until I find them. Never seems to be all in one store either. Check USPS for Fed stamp too. Big 5, Sportmart. Wally World etc. They never seem to order enough. Week before season you'll be lucky to find anything.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Forget the driving around - for any of the items needed for duck hunting (license, stamps, ressie card apps)....

You can order your license, upland stamp by going to this DFG site now...easy and I do it each year

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/biggame/orderforms.html

Next...once the DFG sets the regs (later this month), this same web site will have a newer mail order form which will allow you to purchase ressie cards and stamps.

But, the best way to get the stamps (State and Fed) is to order via the CWA web site - or if you are a member, you will get a letter telling you how to get them direct from CWA. But it is just as easy to go on their online web site store and order the stamps you need - once the regs have been set.

That is what I do - works great!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
You would think that Turners would hire people that new alittle about hunting. Same problem down here in San Diego. Here's C.W.A.'s phone # 916-648-1460 you can order a form for your duck stamps and it helps out the organization to boot. Big 5 usually has your 5 day res. forms. But they usually know nothing about hunting either. If you get a season long form this season from DFG, they will send one to you each year before the the season thereafter. I have found this is the best way to go. Good luck.

DanD

Reaction score
Reservation cards are usually available a couple of weeks after the regs are set later this month. Be on the lookout around the first two weeks of Sept. I usually pickup my stamps from CWA, they mail them right to you.

foulshot

Reaction score
California Waterfowl Assn. They don't have the stamps available online yet(from what I see), but check the page when you get a chance. There is a link right on the main page for buying stamps.

Spectr, you think it's hard a week before the season to find the Fed stamp, try midway through!!
Had to that last year. Not an easy task, I can't remember how many PO's I called and drove to till I found one.

As far as Turners goes, IMHO if you have a probelm at one of the stores, let the ownership know. They have a new owner and the guy seems like he really wants to improve the hunting side of the store. Complaining on a message board will get you no where. .02

ducslayer

Reaction score
I went to big 5 today they did not have state but did have fed stamps. No ressy apps.They did have upland bird.

FowlHabit

Reaction score
I went out yesterday with the same results as ducslayer and also at my local Big5.

Capt Sport

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the help. Got my fed stamp and upland stamp. I'll go online to get the state.

Cya,

jr

Top Bottom