HELP! Golden State Taxidermy. John Hidalgo Concord,CA

CATManReid

Reaction score
Contacting DFG may produce some results on the bear since it's a highly regulated animal. That's how we got the cat back and I'm sure since he's a returning black eye for them, they'll be eager to get to the bottom of it.

Reaction score
Just to update. I emailed DFG, and got this response this afternoon:

I have included Captains Don Kelly and Steve Riske in this response. Between them they supervise all the Game Wardens who work the central coast area. They will assign your report to the appropriate Game Warden to determine what can be done to help you.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Phil Nelms
Enforcement Division

Maybe if enough guys were to complain to DFG, we could get this expedited. The email address I sent my complaint to was [email protected]

Reaction score
Just got a phone call from the Lodi warden, Adam Kraft. Interesting chat. He is aware of the past problems with this guy and Mr. Hidalgo should be expecting a visit from DFG real soon.

If anyone else wants to speak with this warden about this and see if he can do anything for you, pm me and I will give you his phone number.

SporkMaster

Reaction score
Man that would really piss me off. Good luck with the recovery of your bear.

solus

Reaction score
congratulations :JHO rocks: its good to see scum pay

solus

Reaction score
Howed you get them back maybe it'll help other people as well

Lipripper

Reaction score
John Hildago has had my first Elk since 2004 and my trophy Bear since 2005. John told me he would be finished with my elk a few months later but after I dropped off the bear he was never seen or heard from again. I tried hundreds of calls and showed up at his home with no answer for 2 years .The last time I went to his home it was sold. We have tried to contact John again and again wih no call backs. This is something that means so much to people to haave there animals back. Lost memories stole by a bad business owner. John sent us 2 letters in 2008, letting us know he was ready to give our animals back, but he wanted us to send money first. We sent a letter letting John know we will pay him for his work, But we wanted to see what he had first, then he was not heard from again. All we ask for is for the animals we had dropped off to him given back to us, even if he hadn't done anything. These are memories he has stolen from us. I made one last attempt on tuesday March 21st, but did not leave a message this time. John returned my call and I asked him to please just give me my animals no matter what he had or had not started. John said he had not done anything with my Elk, but the Bear was finished. I told John I would pay him for what was done and written on the letter from 2008 but i wanted to just get them back. John said he would drop my animals off at a friends home and call me friday March 22. 2013 to let me know where and when to pick up. Haven't heard from John nor does he answer his 2 phone numbers. What the heck do we need to do to get this guy to give back our animals?
C.Grant

Then, out of the blue, I get a call from him in mid December of 2010. He of course had a long sad story about this and that. He tells me that my bear hide is with the lady who does his stitching for the back of his rugs and that she had moved to Nevada and he couldnt get in touch with her. He says that he has an address for her (which I wish I would have had him give me now) and that if he hasnt heard from her by Jan 1 of this year, he was going to drive to her house. He assures me the hide came back good from the tannery and that he mounted the head himself.....everything was good.

Here it is, mid april and again I cant get a in touch with him. Same ole same ole....a full voicemail box. I knew he was duckin my calls (he has caller ID), so I had a buddy call him this last friday. John called him back within hours, gee how shocking!! So know I know for a fact he is choosing not to return my calls.

Seems I have two options.......get a lawyer, or go to his house and handle it myself. The address in Lockeford listed above is the one I found also. This was my first bear, according to DFG tooth analysis she was 22 years old.

sunvalleyroofing

Reaction score
Hi,

Did either of you ever get your work back from this guy? He has had my buddy's huge bear hide for almost two years.... leave lots of messages, but can never track him down.

Jo

CL&RR

Reaction score
It's amazing someone like this guy is still getting work. Lots of reputable taxidermist out there.

CATManReid

Reaction score
I think he's working a black market shop. Collecting all these animals, and then selling them and disappearing in the mean time. SCUM BAG!

Reaction score
Hi,

Did either of you ever get your work back from this guy? He has had my buddy's huge bear hide for almost two years.... leave lots of messages, but can never track him down.

Jo
I sent a registered letter to John a couple of months ago, which went unclaimed and returned. Its now been over 3.5 years since I gave him my bear and almost 2.5 years since I have been able to speak with him at all.

Gaddy

Reaction score
Forgot all about this thread lol! He sub leases his birds to steve eberhart who is also a taxidermist. I contacted steve and he had my birds and ended up doing a great job.

Top Bottom