Help. Guided hog hunt for 2020-2921

yellow dog

Reaction score
I would like to do a hog hunt for the 2020-2021 season. I would use a 30-06 with a scope that I feel confident out to 300 yards. I keep hearing that my 6.5 or 308 are too small. I would like to use a guide and would like some recommendations. I would like to shoot non running pigs if that is an option. I would also like to clean and pack my game out. Don't mind hard hiking.

Wild1

Reaction score
I don't use guides, but if I did, Tom Willoughby would be my first call. I don't have his number, but google is your friend. I once saw Tom skin a gnarly hog in about 2 minutes flat, literally. The only concern would be how long, or tough, do you want your hunt to be - he can help you drop one in an afternoon. Also, I don't know who you've been talking to, but if you put the bullet in the right place, you could drop one with a .243. Tom went out one morning to kill a hog for a demo, and he used his son's .270. Good luck!

Chayito702

Reaction score
I would like to do a hog hunt for the 2020-2021 season. I would use a 30-06 with a scope that I feel confident out to 300 yards. I keep hearing that my 6.5 or 308 are too small. I would like to use a guide and would like some recommendations. I would like to shoot non running pigs if that is an option. I would also like to clean and pack my game out. Don't mind hard hiking.
Hey buddy hope all is well. The 308 will do for a pig. I was out at the ranch about 3 weeks ago and came across 12 pigs. Took two down with my brothers 308. One shot each at 272 yards. Good shot placement and they will go down.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom