Help me trouble shoot my camera..

cgchris99

Reaction score
I helped my buddy build a camera using the RS pir and OWL PF camera.  My camera seems to work fine.  However, he noticed something on his.  

He had some pictures where the deer was exiting the picture.  I told him it had a 5sec delay on the flash.  He said, now it's longer than that on his.

So he tested it.  He says when the PIR trips, you can hear the camera click two, three, or four times before it actually takes a picture and fires the flash.

I thought maybe it was the relay but he removed the camera from the PIR (I have a quick disconnect).  He says it makes this same noise when pushing the button to take a picture.

Any ideas?  

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi cg,
One of my Owl PFs did almost exactly the same thing the other day (except the red eye light flashed each time it clicked.
Swapped in some fresh camera batts and it works fine - think it was the cold weather and weak batts.

Archilochus

deadcell

Reaction score
You also want to make sure the stock switch thats mounted to the RS pir circuit board is switched to the CHIME mode, not the alarm mode. When its switched to alarm mode the PIR stays tripped long enough for the camera to take 4 or 5 pics one right after the other. The CHIME mode only allows the camera to take just one picture before the PIR resets itself. DC

South

Reaction score
Bought brand new camera at Target that does the same thing.  When pressing the shutter button the camera clicks two to three times ( about a 2 second delay) before the flash and shutter fire??

cgchris99

Reaction score
That sounds like what is happening to me.

hmmm, maybe we should try a different camera.  I hope all the new ones don't start doing that.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
some of mine have a rather long delay before firing, especially after not being used over-nite

I built a Flash Refresh Circuit and it took care of the problem, now they fire about 1-1/4 sec after the shutter is activated

I am blaming it on a rather shaky Flash Cap but only guessing!

Tinhorn

cgchris99

Reaction score
How can I find out about building one of these flash refresh circuits?

Thanks

cgchris99

Reaction score
LOL... boy thats over my head.  Anyway to get one pre-built?

Thanks

Top Bottom