Help on camera availability

stanman

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to this forum and am looking for some help.My brother and i built 2 cameras over the winter and put them out on a farm we hunt on a week ago.I just got back my first roll from the camera and and have good pics of about 6 different whitetail and a moose who walked up and stuck his nose right in the camera.Pretty cool well i,m hooked.Now for my question we used a Canon sure shot AF-9s no date got it from the local wal-mart  cost $102.00 (canadian) kinda pricey .They do not have a real good selection of canon cameras (none with date feature) If anyone can suggest a cheaper alternative preferably a date model the help would be great.Thanks in advance  Stan

R

Rflesh

Stan, others will give you a variety of places to look. But here are mine. The Camera of choice here is the Canon Owl PF, which may have been discontinued although some stores still carry them. I have seen them at two stores in the states for around $50. Other posts have mentioned a few bucks less or more and can be found at Walmarts, Kmarts, etc sometimes. I had to ask for mine, it wasn't on display.

I have found a number of different styles of cameras at swap meets and garage sales which fit what we are looking for at around 10 to 20 bucks. The problems are obvious, first of all unless it's a camera already used by someone, you have to discover yourself what makes it tick. I went through 4 cameras that way. But hey I learned alot, including that I never want to get shocked again by that flash dohickie. You also have the problem as to whether the camera even works, maybe its out of focus, lens scratched, shutter speed too slow whatever. So keep that in mind.

Right now I am working on the solenoid process so that I have to do no monkeying with soldering inside the camera. Then its just a matter of adjustment to meet different styles of camera. As long as it has an automatic film advance feature.

Don't really know what stores they have in Canada but I am sure you have the equilivant of those names above. You will also find some deals on Ebay and other similar sites.

Good luck, love to see the photos, when you get a chance to post them.

Roy

H

hookingbull

hey guys i just went to circuit city (louisiana) and purchased a Canon Sureshot OWL PF Date for 59.00.  I also purchased a 2 yr etended warrant for 10.00 more.  I think this is well worth the ten bucks considering what we are using these cameras for.  Hope this helps!   Hookingbull

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
STANMAN

AMAZON.COM LISTS THEM FOR $49.00 I WOULD CHECK THEM OUT ALSO.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
hookingbull

Once you drill that hole in the camera, I imagine any warranty is Void........

just a thought

Tinhorn

Top Bottom